Traded one pain for another | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Traded one pain for another Traded one pain for another

Unread 08-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Traded one pain for another

Pain from backed up and gas. Now is pain from Milk of Mag full doses two days in a row. Though I am scared sitting in the bathroom is over-whelming me. I already do not want to eat. At what point is too much compared to not going at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Re: Traded one pain for another

I am sorry you have to go through this.
Many of us have.
I had a little pray before I went for a BM, often I cried, was sweating from the pain.
I took laxatives and eventually it got better.

You are not alone.
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:34 PM

Have you tried Miralax? I worked with my doctor on titrating doses to be able to go regularly. Also might be worth calling the doctor and asking about taking a dose of Magnesium Citrate. If I got really backed up, that would always help me go.

I feel your pain I had chronic constipation from Endometriosis, Adneomyosis, and adhesions.

It's definitely worth calling your doctor's office, usually they can give a recommendation on what to do over the phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:55 PM

Miralax worked for me! Unfortunately it was 4 days post surgery. Hope it gets better!
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:58 PM

I have Miralax that I plan to use when the constant every 15 minute bathroom breaks stop. I meant to take Miralax this morning but after I took the Milk of Mag I realized the huge OOPS. Lol. Which isn't so funny, but at least I am not backed up ny longer.
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:04 PM

Ahh didn't realize it had gone the other direction. Try eating applesauce, bread, bananas and rice for a bit. It can really calm the bowels down. Also it's a good idea if you're having diarrhea to down a bottle of pedialyte.

I've been through that too and that diet I mentioned was the only thing my last gynecologist was good for
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow82 View Post
Ahh didn't realize it had gone the other direction. Try eating applesauce, bread, bananas and rice for a bit. It can really calm the bowels down. Also it's a good idea if you're having diarrhea to down a bottle of pedialyte.

I've been through that too and that diet I mentioned was the only thing my last gynecologist was good for
Thank you! I will add applesauce and bananas to my list for the hubby.
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:33 PM

Sparkles, I went and went and went and went after taking MofM the first time (Saturday). I hadn't gone to the bathroom since my surgery Wednesday. It takes about 6 hours for it to start working, so try not to take more than one dose. I wouldn't do anything to stop the flow. It will stop on its own once the MofM is out of your system. The last thing you want is to back yourself up again. I took MofM yesterday for the last time. I took my last narcotic today. So I'm HOPING I can start Miralax tomorrow and can establish some sort of regularity. Remember though, MofM completely cleans you out. It may take you a day or two to "collect" enough to need to go again. There's also a MofM that is cramp free. It's a new formulation, and it never made me cramp. Once you're off pain pills, hopefully things will return to normal after a few days. I'm hoping so for myself anyway! I feel your pain!
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:12 AM

Thank you. I hope things equal out soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register