Hello-I'm New | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello-I'm New Hello-I'm New

Unread 06-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Hello-I'm New

Hello Ladies-

I have been reading this sight for a couple of months now- very informative stuff =) I had a hyst. on May 23rd- they left my sole surviving ovary.....took everything else. I am 36- I have two girls...I was suffering with 8 firoids and massive amounts of blood.
Monday will be 4 weeks- I feel good- Well just trying to get in the loop- Anyone else in the Houston area- Texas that is=)

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2005, 07:02 AM
Hello-I'm New

Hello, Welcome to the hysters I'm 7 wks(had TAH kept overies) still having stomach pain, hip pain, and lower back pain. Main thing is to not OVER DO IT!!!!!!!!!! You will find out that you are not alone through all of the post-op symptoms. This support post lets you feel so much better believe me. flag
Unread 06-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Hello-I'm New

Hi and welcome to hyster sisters!! I found this siter two weeks before my surgery and it has helped me so much. I think you will find it helpful too. Glad to hear that you recovery is going well. Keep us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Hello-I'm New

Hi, Lisa, I am glad that you found us, I love this site, there is so much info here and the sisters are great. I live in Stanton, which is between Midland and Big Spring. I am glad that you are feeling good. I pray that you continue to have great recovery.
Carol
Unread 06-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Hi Lisa

I was reading your post and though Great someone in the same boat in my village!! But then I read on and you are USA - Shame. I live in Houston in Scotland a bit too far to travel for lunch together eh!. Good luck with your recovery I am 3 weeks post op and slowly getting there. Thank goodness for this site though. If it hadn't been for this and one in the UK I would have been scitzo by now. There are so many answers within the forum to the millions of questions that, if you had been more composmentous you would have asked!, It seems that the doctors and nurses take for granted that you already know everything and turf you out without a bye your leave (I was chucked out 2.5 days after a TAH + Oophorectomy - left me with nothing but a bag full of laxitives and no painkillers!!!!!, (so you come out of hospital none the wiser and a wee bit apprehensive! If the truth be know more like scared out of your wits. Started bleeding this week, first since my op but I think it is normal (thanks to the experiences posted on the site) Will keep a close eye on it In the UK we do not see anyone until after the 6th week post op so you have to just get on with it. In fact got my appointment in yesterday and it is 8 weeks before I see anyone! but I will have to phone and see if I can get one sooner as I want to be in Spain then, sitting in the sun with a good book in one hand and a cool drink in the other. What better way to recoup (Especially after our lovely Scottish weather of rain and thunderstorms (which are not as spectacular as yours but at least you get sunshine after then, we just stick with the grey clouds and rain!) rambled on enough so better go before I bore you to death
Keep well and take care
regards Frances
Unread 06-19-2005, 06:50 AM
Hello-I'm New

Ah, the magic of the Internet. I thought she meant Houston, TX too. It's so neat to talk to people on the other side of the ocean just like they are here. This is such a helpful site, helps to know other folks are having the same things post-op.
Unread 06-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Hello-I'm New

Thank you for all the welcomes...from all over the world- WOW.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register