Coming up on 1 yr hysterversary and... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Coming up on 1 yr hysterversary and... Coming up on 1 yr hysterversary and...

Unread 09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Coming up on 1 yr hysterversary and...

I have been having bleeding ranging from spotting to bright red blood gushing down my legs with the passage of "masses" (clots or hunks of meat or something). Unsure if this was a medical emergency, though it shouldn't be happening at all, I called a friend of mine in the ER and asked him what I should do. I had told him about the three things that came up on the internet that somewhat matched my symptoms (Endo, cancer, and cuff tear). He said that's what they taught him in school, but being as he is not skilled in OBGYN to check with my doctor anyway to be sure, UNLESS the frank/acute bleeding became worse or I ran a fever or had swelling or just felt that something wasn't right. I still felt that something wasn't right, but I chose to wait until Monday to call. I couldn't wait for the office to open, so I left a message with the answering service. One of the nurses called me back and said that I needed to come on in right then. I was the first patient of the day. The nurses figured the dr. would at least do an ultrasound, so they put me in the ultrasound room. He didn't even give me an ultrasound. I had saved a piece of what I passed (much like what I passed during a miscarriage) and took it to show my doctor thinking maybe he would send it for a biopsy (which is another doctor did when I had my miscarriage). He made me throw it away and told me straight up before even looking at me that it was granulation. He cauterized the tissue with silver nitrate, but the cauterization caused me to have incredible cramping much like the heavy periods of the past. I hurt so bad that I had to come home and go to bed. He said I have to come back in three weeks to have the cauterization done again. (No, not again! )

How long do I have to go through this? I'm 35 with a 13 yo, an 11yo, a 10 yo, and 4 yo, a boyfriend and active lifestyle. I can't be celebate/non-active for the rest of my life. Is anyone else having this problem? This is driving me crazy! After a year, don't you think that everything should be healed enough by now to resume a normal life?

My doctor doesn't want me to even come to this website because he thinks we're wallowing in self-pity! I find it to be re-assuring more than anything. I think I'm going to find another doctor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 11:09 PM

I think you SHOULD find another doctor. The sooner the better.

This is just terrible what you're going through! I hope you feel better very soon and easily find a better doctor who will give you all the info you need and treat you and your concerns with respect. let us know what happens.
Unread 09-13-2005, 01:06 AM

I think you should FIND yourself a doctor. At the moment you don't have a doctor, this man is no doctor. I wont let him toutch me that is for sure. If i was you i would realy go to another doctor as soon as possible. I hope you feel better soon, and let us know how you go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2005, 06:53 AM

I agree here,you need to see another dr, if for no other reason, another opinion on what is going on here. I've never had the silver nitrate done, but always had the impression that it was only mildly uncomfortable, not painful if that is what you're meaning. I'm curious as to how long the bleeding has been going on too, and did he just say it was granulation before he even looked?
It does seem like it usually is granulation, but that would bother me. Find someone who has some compassion. I hope you will feel better soon.
's,Rita
Unread 09-13-2005, 07:20 AM

blood running down your legs and huge clots seem a bit much for just granulation! i would defiantely get a 2nd opinion! i am sorry you were treated so bad!
Unread 09-13-2005, 07:36 AM

Gee - I wonder... if we removed his reproductive organs then cauterized what was left whether he would think discussing the issue was pity seeking? I hope he is a brilliant doctor to make up for his bedside manner - otherwise I vote with the other ladies - NEW doctor! You deserve a lot better than that - even if his diagnosis was right.
Unread 09-13-2005, 07:49 AM

If we didn't have this site our doctors would be getting a phone call from us just about every day, lol. Or we would just sit and worry about what was going on. Self-pity I think not, friendship, comrodery(sp?), and support that is what this web site is all about!!!! I have found that if I have a ? even if I have not asked it someone else has and I get me ?'s answered. I am so thankful for this site and the ability to come here to ask ?'s or just vent if necisary to someone who understands where I am coming from.

If your doc did not even look at you before making a diagnosis and it hurt that badly to have the silver nitrate done, I would run, not walk run to another doctor. Yours sounds like an absolute jerk with no compassion or feelings at all for his patients or their feelings. That being said it sounds like he has a great staff and they were really looking out for you, gl.
Unread 09-15-2005, 10:27 AM
My OBGYN has a new website...

As I was making my way out to make my appointment for three weeks, I noticed a "new business card." The doc has a new website... www.womenshealthcaretopics.com . Nice try. There were only 3 registered members as of today and one of them was him.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register