10 days post LAVH... new here | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post LAVH... new here 10 days post LAVH... new here

Unread 09-20-2011, 10:31 AM
10 days post LAVH... new here

Hello,

I am 10 days post LAVH and scheduled to go back to work 9/26. My doctor told me "one week should be plenty but take two off just in case" so feeling a bit disheartened that I'm struggling.

I feel fine for the most part but I am told I am pushing myself too hard. I have no scar to show I had a major surgery so I guess I feel as though I should be able to walk as long as it's not too fast and get around daily without being so tired. I am paying for it right now though with feeling body aches etc.

Just feeling a bit worthless sitting around doing nothing while I watch family do everything. Feels like I should be doing more as that's part of my "job". I am putting a lot of pressure on myself to hurry up and be better since I have a Mon-Friday job as well as work at home that I usually do.

Just trying to read information on how long it truly can take to heal (I am aware each individual is different) and how much is really too much for the point I am at in my healing.

I thank you for this site and for the information you provide as well as the opportunity for us all to bounce things off one another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Re: 10 days post LAVH... new here

Your dr. said one week should be plenty...??? WHAT???!!! OMG. I could barely walk at one week post op and I had the davinci which is supposedly so much better. Granted, I had a long, difficult surgery...but still...

I really don't think you should go back after two weeks. If someone feels great and they're really bored and they have a sedentary job and the dr. says okay, then maybe then can go back part-time or ease back into it.

You are just going to have to relax and heal...in the end, that's the most productive thing to do.
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:46 AM

Hello Fawn,
I know I thought it odd as everyone else I spoke with who actually had one stated it was a minimum of 3 weeks for them.

I can get around I just get sore and tired. The last two days I have felt just generally ill as far as body aches and feeling nautious but no fevers or anything. I have a job where I do sit most of the time and my employer will definitely work with me as far as what I should and shouldn't do. I'm just so torn on what I feel I should feel like and what I actually feel like..

thank you for responding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM

I am 2 weeks post-op and i'm still tired, sore, i am not even cleared to drive yet. i had a LAVH and removed both ovaries. it is normal to be tired..you had MAJOR SURGERY. seriously....you need to heal...take it easy and REST!
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Well, don't worry about what you SHOULD feel like...worry more about what your body is trying to tell you. It's telling you that you need to take it easy, which is 110% normal for someone only 10 days out. Trust me...I was nowhere near where I SHOULD have been as far as my recovery progress. Until I hit week 4 1/2 and week 5. Then everything just went away and I felt great. My dr. said my recovery was weird, and she has no explanation for it...other than everyone is different.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register