Exercise question...and crying question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Exercise question...and crying question Exercise question...and crying question

Unread 10-11-2000, 09:30 PM
Exercise question...and crying question

Hi guys. Have a couple of questions that have really been
bugging me lately, and with the ones that have flown
today, mine are quite tame!

1. I have been walking two miles 4 to 5 days a week and
would love to know when I will be able to do that after
surgery.

2. I recently became involved in Taebo (sp) and would
love to know how long before I can resume this?

3. Since my last child was born, I have found that I
become very tearful at the most important moments and at nothing. For example, when I read over Princess stories here I find tears trailing down my cheeks, my son comes in with good grades same thing, a good book there are the waterworks again, and darn tv commercials and movies get me everytime. Is this harmones out of whack?

If so, will my surgery save me from these waterworks?

baffled in Mississippi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2000, 08:28 AM

Hi Sandra,

Wow! Aren't you the fit one! Puts me to shame!

I would guess that you are going to have to build up slowly on the walking. You have one advantage in that you are already fit, but you have to remember that this is MAJOR surgery, and it's going to take a good while before you get back to being fit again. Reports are that you are only 40% fit after 6 weeks, 100% after 6 months. I'm not saying that you're not going to be back to "normal" before 6 months, so don't panic! This is something you are going to have to ask the docs about. I havn't heard of Taebo, but I'm guessing it's some kind of kickboxing type thing? Again, you're going to have to take the docs' advice on this, but if I've guessed right, it will take longer than the walking.

As for the weeps - I'm sure it's your hormones throwing a wobbly! I kept my ovaries, and I still went through a very emotional stage, where, like you, I cried at very little at all. In fact, while the Olympics were on, I cried at every medal ceremony! (Duh!) Took shares in Kleenex! I'm sure things will be different after surgery. It will just be a case of finding the right HRT. I'm not an expert on this, but a lot of the sisters are. You could try posting on the hormone jungle and asking there, they will be able to tell you a whole lot about HRT and hormones.

Hope this helps a little.

Good luck for the 19th - see you on the other side!
[Edited by challoner on 10-13-2000]
Unread 10-13-2000, 10:24 AM

I'm not too sure about the crying (I've ALWAYS cried at movies and commercials!), but I can give you some info on my exercising. I'm 28, and was in good condition before the surgery, which I think greatly helped my recovery. I also walked as soon and as much as I was able. The first week, my walks were extremely short (and SLOW!), but I took several a day. By the second week, I was up to at least a mile a day, and felt great by the third week. My doctor said I had the fastest and easiest recovery she has ever seen, and I firmly believe that all the walking helped. As far as taebo, I was definitely not ready for any high-impact moving, jumping, etc. for about 4 weeks, and if I were you, I would wait at least 6 weeks before trying it. Just listen to your body - believe me, it WILL let you know if you shouldn't be doing something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2000, 10:55 AM
Brain to Hand Malfunction!!!!!!

Sorry girls,

Brain meltdown! Meant to say 40% after 6 weeks, 100% after 6 months. Have changed it now, just wanted you to note the change.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register