Can anyone explain edenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can anyone explain edenomyosis? Can anyone explain edenomyosis?

Unread 02-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Can anyone explain edenomyosis?

I am 2 weeks post op and remember the doc telling me she found edenomyosis. I was several hours after surgery with extreme back pain. I've had no answers why. For several years I suffered with back pain any relation?
Thanks sisters
Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 07:21 AM

Hi Shari,

I have some links you might find helpful. This is a very good one to start with: Adenomyosis

This one lists back pain as one of the symptoms:Adenomyosis Symptoms

It might be difficult to decide if adenomyosis was the cause of your post-op back pain. Many women do have back pain following their hyst. Here is a link to a previous thread discussing it:Intense Back Pain

I hope these are helpful.
s, Beth
Unread 03-03-2005, 09:39 AM

Basically it's when your endometrial lining grows into the myometrum. So the lining from your uterus is embedded inside the muscle in its walls. When your hormones signal your uterus to shed the thickened lining during your period, the part of the lining inside the walls is trapped and tries to find a route to escape. This is what causes the pain. It may also cause you to have irregular bleeding, perhaps twice a month instead of once for example.

Adeno is hard to diagnose and cannot usually be done 100% without pathology after a hysterectomy. Gyns feel your uterus during your pelvic exam and if it feels spongy (boggy) and is enlarged it is a good indication you have it.

Some women have reported relief from adeno pain and bleeding by using the Mirena Intra Uterine System. Beyond that, if you cannot live with the pain. hysterectomy is an option.

Good luck to you, hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Adeno

I cannot pronouce it, but I am glad that it has been removed. Of course, I also had endo, large fibroid, anemia, etc.

After reading the info about adeno, it makes sense now. I was in the orthopedic office regulary with severe back and hip pain. He suggested that it was "female" related, and that maybe the endo was sitting on a nerve. Now after reading the information you all posted, I suspect that it was indeed the Adeno. I had the TAVH and they took all including ovaries, cervix. It has been three weeks now, and though I have symptoms, etc., I am so glad that I made the decision to ultimately end all of the "mysterious" pain and symptoms. Thanks.
Unread 03-03-2005, 10:53 AM

I, too, have suffered from back pain for the last 4 years, since my dd was born via c-section. All the MRIs, etc. never showed any real disc problems or anything else that could be causing it, and now I'm convinced that the adenomyosis may have been part of the problem, because it always seemed to get so much worse according to my cycle. It was worse the week of ovulation, would continue to get worse week before the period, and then be horrible the week OF the period. Well, that pretty much eats up a whole month now, doesn't it?

My doctor said not only did I have the ado, but my uterus was severly prolapsed (wonder if it was lying on the spine or something?), and enlarged to a 10-week pregnancy.

So I have to hope that maybe getting all that out of there will help my back condition. I've already noticed that my back has not been hurting much, even though I'm sitting here B.I.C. (butt in chair) for hours on end, which I could never do before.

And to think of all that money I wasted on cortisone injections and chiropractors when all I needed was to become a Princess!
Unread 03-03-2005, 10:55 AM

Thanks, Sistabeth!!
Wish I had this information BEFORE surgery, but am grateful that my pain and discomfort are gone!
That was a most excellent article, and thanks for sharing!!

mj
Unread 03-03-2005, 01:13 PM
thankyou for replying

Thankyou dear sisters for sharing your stories. One thing about it there is wisdom in numbers.
Shari

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register