Ovaries: To Keep or Not, this is the Question.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovaries: To Keep or Not, this is the Question.... Ovaries: To Keep or Not, this is the Question....

Unread 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Ovaries: To Keep or Not, this is the Question....

Yep, it is all a jungle! But if you are willing to cut down some vines and try to figure some things out, you are on the right track!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 05:12 PM

Thanks! I sure hope I'm on the right track.
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:14 PM

get rid of them its just a breeding ground for more endo
Unread 03-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Tysa ~I have had the same thing you are talking about for a few years. I don't know if it is because I took depo for years. I would get them right after ovulation until I would get my period.

Shutterbug ~ Does the IUD have hormones? If it has progestin it could be causing the symptoms for you. Although, I'm not 100% sure.
Unread 03-23-2006, 07:12 PM

mrsdolittle ~
The IUD does have hormones in it....but it is a very low dose....can't remember exact amount and all....would have to look through medical file to find it. It's coming out in a week now.
The countdown is on!
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:25 PM

Ok girls, I did it today...took the plung....the first step.....whatever you call it...I signed up at the YMCA, so no excuse not to exercise and get ready for the castle. Feel free to ask me if I'm using that membership.
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM

[quote=*shutterbug*]mrsdolittle ~
It's coming out in a week now.
The countdown is on! QUOTE]
I am thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery. Please let me know how it goes. We are going to feel so much better soon!
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser
Yep, it is all a jungle! But if you are willing to cut down some vines and try to figure some things out, you are on the right track!
I just printed out 20 pages of info. I'm hoping to get enough info to make the right choice for me.
Thanks for your help!
Unread 03-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Removal of Ovaries

I've had my hyst in 11/04 and have been feeling great! I kept my ovaries and until recently there hasn't been any problem. A few months ago, I started having severe pain in the lower abdomin in which I visited my doctor. Unfortunately, cysts were forming on my ovaries and causing the pain. My doctor gave me a breakdown of what was happening and also let me know that it was my decision to have the ovaries removed or to use medication to ease the pain. (Usually, the ovaries dry up on their own during the process of menopause) Of course, I chose the medication which seemed to have helped until a few weeks ago. Currently, the pain is so severe that I'm unable to get up out of bed or if I'm at work, there is no way I can get out of my chair without holding onto something and calling out due to the pain.

I believe its time for me to have them removed and hopefully I will be able to have a more better quality of life. I was afraid of removing them due to the hormone issues that could arise but all-in-all I was just stalling the inevitable. If someone could supply me with more information on how long the surgery takes, time out of commission, etc. I would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes, we just need to make a choice and put our trust in the Almighty to get us through it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register