Newbie Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Newbie Here

Hello Everyone,
I just registered today on here...been reading for about a wk & you all have been very helpful. I have been very anxious...am having a TAH this Friday, the 13th. I don't know why my surgery date didn't get in on the box under my username. It just says N/A for some reason.

I have been VERY NERVOUS about this. Had my pre-op testing done this past Friday. Talking with the anesthesiologist has reassured me somewhat. Now I am JUST ANXIOUS as I know a wk from today I may be coming home & home is where I want to be.

Just wanted to introduce myself & say HI. If you think about it...please keep me in your prayers on Friday the 13th (I am not superstitious) & I thank you all.
dustydee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Newbie Here

Now the surgery date is there! I went back to my Profile & corrected it. I will just be glad when it is over with!!
dustydee
Unread 02-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Newbie Here

You'll do fine. Had a LAVH on the 2nd of February and feel great. Was nervous...terrirified, but can laugh about it now. You'll do fine. TRUST ME!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Newbie Here

Good luck! I will be thinking of you! My surgery is in March and I too am nervous - it is normal.

Sharon
Unread 02-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Newbie Here

Thanks gals for the encouragement. I guess this waiting is worse than the surgery! I probably will be laughing about it afterwards, too! Sometimes things are NOT as bad as we think they will be...too bad I wouldn't heed my own advice!!!
dustydee
Unread 02-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Newbie Here

You'll do just fine. I hope to be home from the hosp. by the time you go in. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm not fortunate enough to have a LAVH, so I think my recovery will be a bit longer, but we'll get there eventually. Good luck!
Unread 02-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Newbie Here

I am sure you'll do fine but I will make it a point to think of you/pray for you on Friday. My surgery is a week from tomorrow and I'm not nervous at all simply anxious to have this situation fixed (uterine prolapse). DH is nervous enough for both of us.
Good Luck, see you on the other side.
katiej57
Unread 02-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Newbie Here

Thanks Mary & Katie. I will be praying for both of you, also. I am so happy my friend told me about this website & message board. I have been encouraged so very much. The nerves have gone & the anxious is here...just to get it over with & get home. To me...there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME.
dustydee
Unread 02-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Newbie Here

dustydee

Wishing you the very best. I will say a little prayer for you and all my princesses

God bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register