I'm new and soo glad to have found this place | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm new and soo glad to have found this place I'm new and soo glad to have found this place

Unread 12-19-2000, 11:03 PM
I'm new and soo glad to have found this place

I've been reading messages here for a couple of days. Found out last thurs. that i'm at pre- cancer stage of the cervix.
I'm very stressed about it. My husband and I talked w/ the Dr. and decided for a hyst. and to take everything but the ovaries. Hopefully he doesn't find anything anywhere else. Have learned a lot just from this web site. Glad that i'm not alone. My date is Jan. 24th. Any encouraging words would be appreciated!
Thanks, Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2000, 05:41 AM
encouraging words found here!

Hi AngW! Welcome! I am scheduled to go in for a LAVH on the 5th of Jan. I am not very excited about it myself but I know that it will get rid of the pain so that is what I am now focusing on.

I have found a ton of encouragement and support from all here on Hyster Sisters. My Husband thinks I am funny becaue I spend so much in the forums but he does understand.

Do you have any children? I have a 2 year old son who I just adore and will admit he is spoiled as much as my budget allows. Terrible yes, but I don't care. I will probably pay for it when he is 15. We'll see.

Anyway, keep reading and posting messages. You will like this site. So take comfort! We are all here for you. Hugs, Lori
Unread 12-20-2000, 06:17 AM

Welcome to the "Sisters"! Pull up a chair, brew a cup of tea and join us! I am 6 weeks post op. I had a TAH, I kept my overies. You said that it was pre-cancer. That is good, it means that it is early. The doctors will be able to get a closer look when they go in. What type of surgery are you having? Some have a TVH, and there are several others as well. If you have ANY questions for me about my surger, what to ask, what to look for etc. just e-mail me. Click on the card icon at the bottom of my post and I will be happy to answer your questions if I can! You have come to the right place! We are all here for you. If you need to find answers to questions or if you need to vent..that is what this site is all about! We want to help if we can. You take a DEEP breath.

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2000, 08:52 AM

Welcome to the best site on the web! I am so glad you found us! I had a TAH in August, and will be happy to chat with you and answer any questions you have. I also urge you to read as much of this site as you can, and post all your questions on this forum. Good luck and hang in there!
Unread 12-20-2000, 01:59 PM

http://www.aardman.com/images/home/m_wave.gif
WELCOME TO THE WORLDS GREATEST SITE FOR SISTERS OF HYSTERLAND!

We're so glad you found us, and will be more then happy to keep you company while you await your crowning day!
Unread 12-20-2000, 05:39 PM

Hi, nice to meet you. I will be going in 1-23-01 for a TAH/BSO, taking it all out. I will be happy to wait with you and keep my eye out for you on this site. There is so much to learn and know! Take it all in, relax and know that we are not alone and someone is always out there who understands. I find great comfort in that fact and I hope you do too!
See ya on the site!
Ann
Unread 12-22-2000, 01:50 AM
thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the nice replies! It's great to know that others know and care about what I'm going through. And we all just met! It's 2:30 a.m and my 2 year old just woke me up. She's back asleep and here I am!
I'm not sure of all the abbreviations ya'll have, but is a TAH when you have a hysterectomy that takes all but ovaries and they go in thru the the abdomin? That's what I'm having done.I'm dealing with the idea if a hysterectomy kind of o.k, but it's the idea of if they find the "c" cells somewhere else while they are in there. I know it's good that I'm at an early stage, but I've heard about someone who went in as precancer like me and they ended up finding it further in her. My mother I think is more paniced than I am.I have three sweet little girls ages 10,8, and my two year old will be 3 in Jan. So, I am blessed and we didn't think we were going to have more children, but we weren't sure enough to where on of us wanted to have something permanent done.
About recovery..... my Dr. says a couple days in the hospital and a couple weeks of doing nothing. I am a customer service manager at walmart... which means a lot of fast walking and on my feet the entire shift. Any clue how long before I might feel up to going back?
Well, I guess I've rambled enough! Can't wait to hear from all my new buddies! Thanks for making me feel at home!
Angela
Unread 12-22-2000, 05:47 AM

Good Morning!
I am glad to see you a bit more settled! I was cleared to go back to work at 4 weeks, but stayed home until 6 weeks which is now. I am on my feet all day too. I am a cashier for a fabric store. I would not recommend going back to work any sooner then 6 weeks, you still have to build up strength from the surgery. You will be suprised on how much it takes out of you. You will feel great, but it is the hidden things that you will notice. I am tired from work and went to bed early last night from my first full day back to work. I did take my Morten with me and took it as needed during the day and that helped. Each person is different so do what your doctors tells you but above all listen to YOUR body. Like they say here you have just one chance to heal right, take advantage of it! Think postive thoughts, take lots of Vit C (it helps with the healing process) drink plenty of water, not so much soda(pop) and you will do well. Again, if you have any questions you would like to ask me just click on the card icon at the bottom of my post and I will be happy to help if I can!

Hugs!
Unread 12-22-2000, 09:51 AM

Yes, it does sound like you are having a TAH, just like I did! Expect to be off work for at least 6 weeks or so. I went back at 5 weeks, but can do a lot of sitting at my job, and I was still EXHAUSTED at the end of the day for a couple of weeks. You will be amazed at how tired you will be for awhile. I am only 28, and in very good physical condition, but had absolutely no energy for about 8 weeks after surgery. Make sure you have plenty of help at home! Good luck and keep us posted!
Unread 12-22-2000, 07:16 PM

Sounds like a TAH to me AngW! I am 2 weeks/ one day post op... TAH/BSO. Any questions you may have I'm just an email click away. Take care of those 3 little angel babies of yours. I have two girls myself, but they're all grown now! My 17 year old baby just got home from school last night. Life feels grand again even thought I'm glued to the house!

AnnC... tried to email you, but could'nt.
Anyway... you're going in for the same procedure as I had two weeks ago. I know the waiting period can be a right royal bear to get through, but trust me... you'll make it. If you have any questions or just want to chat.... just click on the email addy below.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register