A Recovery Day Ahead & Because I'm Home Sweet Home! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Recovery Day Ahead & Because I'm Home Sweet Home! A Recovery Day Ahead & Because I'm Home Sweet Home!

Unread 05-18-2005, 01:01 PM
A Recovery Day Ahead & Because I'm Home Sweet Home!

Hello ladies....

Remember me?. I am the sister that only had two weeks to prepare for the surgery.

I had my TAH on Friday May 13th and because of all the help from you and the vast information on this site, I did pretty good at the hospital.

I was dangling over the bed the evening the same day after surgery and walking down the halls the next day and my dr knowing he couldn't get me to slow down there ( he was afraid I wasn't resting enough ( I really had a hard time sleeping) and why my BP was all over the place) came in Sunday morning at 6:30 and made a deal with me that if I ate two more meals, showered and promised to slow down, he would sign a release for me for later in the day. He normally didn't let his patients go before removing the staples but said I could come into the office Tueday to get them removed. (he told me he was gong to call in at noon so be sure to do what I was told LOL).

I was a very good girl and came home sunday and had my staples removed yesterday.

I won't fool you and tell you everything was a breeze, because hey let's be realitistic here. But I will tell you that The nurses told me I was a day ahead of schedule on everything. I've been pretty exhausted since, but the rest and sleeping at home now it is getting a little easier slowly and 'm looking forward to less pain (but believe me this pain is much less than before surgery) and more energy as the days continue.

Without the advice and knowledge I gained from this site in so little time I don't think I could have come this far so fast --Trust me, I was so stunned, frightned an clueless before finding it - Thank you again!

I'll post my story on the "tell your story" board with some of the things that I brought and did that I truely believe helped me to be a day ahead and make the methodical progress and also some things to watch for in nursing care when I have more energy...promise! --

Onward and Upward!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 01:26 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the other side
Unread 05-18-2005, 01:39 PM

Welcome Home!
Remember to get a lot of rest and drink lots of water. Kick your feet up and enjoy your pampering!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM

Well done tshel, glad everything went well. My doctor gave me the option of staying a 3rd day in the hospital and I said no way. I didn't sleep the whole time I was there (except during surgery). I wanted my own bed. I got much more rest at home without people bugging me all day and night.

Get some rest and welcome to the flip side.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register