Ready to go! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Ready to go!

Well, I saw my doc today and we scheduled my hyst for 10/26---yeah! She says that the whole uterus and cervix have to go, and since I'm having major pain during ovulation in my right ovary, he's outta there too! She will do everything possible to keep the left one in, but if necessary, it will go too...the only real bummer is that since the uterus is enlarged, I have to have a TAH, but she's going to follow the path of the scar from my tubal 14 yrs ago-

All that's left now is to set up my space, go crazy, get caught up at work, go crazy, buy recovery clothes, go crazy---I think I see a pattern here... Say a prayer and thanks again for all the information here, it helped me make this decision-as if flooding the world every month and feeling like my spine is being ripped out weren't enough incentive.

Thanks again ladies-

Selena - enlarged uterus, 3 fibroids (softball size), and one cranky ovary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Ready to go!

Selena!

Thank you for letting us know your date. You'll have plenty of time to get ready and we are always here for you. I pray that everything goes very well for you.

s, Deb
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Ready to go!

Thank you Crossfire! The weirdest thing about this is that I have been waiting for close to 10 yrs for this and while on the way to the Doc's yesterday, I actually broke out in a cold sweat and got queasy-I guess my brain is saying yes, but the body is like "what are you thinking?"

Now it's on to shopping for looser clothing for recovery, and here in PA it gets pretty cool in Oct/Nov, and getting all the pre-op stuff done...

Selena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2007, 09:56 AM
So Tired but can't Sleep

Hi Selena,

I know exactly where you're at. Believe it or not I've been asking for a hysterectomy for almost 20 years. Someone finally listened and now like you my head is relieved, the rest of me is going on strike.

I'm not in until Nov 2 and I don't know how I'm going to cope until then.... but I'm with you on the shopping though... lol...

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register