TAH 5 weeks reflexully pulled picked up my 55lb son now extream PAIN | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks reflexully pulled picked up my 55lb son now extream PAIN 5 weeks reflexully pulled picked up my 55lb son now extream PAIN

Unread 06-05-2013, 02:25 PM
5 weeks reflexully pulled picked up my 55lb son now extream PAIN

I am 5 weeks out from my TAH and I just pulled and picked up my on 55lb son when i did i felt a horrible tearring pain and now i'm in so much pain i feel sick and dizzy. Am i to far out to have pulled anything loose .HAS ANYONE ELSE PULLED ANYTHING LOOSE THIS FAR OUT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Re: 5 weeks reflexully pulled picked up my 55lb son now extream PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmis_minister View Post
I am 5 weeks out from my TAH and I just pulled and picked up my on 55lb son when i did i felt a horrible tearring pain and now i'm in so much pain i feel sick and dizzy.
Whether or not anyone else has done something similar, you need to call your own doctor now. Your doctor may need to examine you. If you can't reach your doctor I would suggest you go to the ER. You may have seriously injured yourself.
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:52 PM

I agree with the PP! If you feel dizzy and sick with pain, there's your answer!! Call the doctor immediately!! Hope everything is ok!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM

I called my he said that he felt everthing should be healed enough that I didn't really hurt any work he had did but that he thought that I had just pulled my muscules that had just healed back and to watch my pain and swelling and call back or go to the Er if it got unbearable. I was told to take it esy with my feet up a few days and take ibeprophen and loratab for the pain eaiser said than done as I am the only one at home with my son during the day. I go to GP tomarrow for my Quarterly exam anyway so I will tell her about it and let her examine me. I have always loved my doctor but it seems that to him everything after this surgery has been normal and maybe it is and I just worry to much. LOL
Unread 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Pulled muscles don't usually cause dizziness and nausea. Please go to the ER if you continue to feel this way. You said you had a TAH 4 weeks ago. That's not long enough to be even nearly healed. I wouldn't wait until it got "unbearable" to go to the ER. Pain that severe isn't caused by worrying too much.
Unread 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM

I pulled a muscle at my 4th week, by lifting a vacuum cleaner. I did not feel a tearing or any pain while I was doing it, but did feel pain immediately after. However, I did not feel dizzy or sick because of it. I agree with the other women, please get it checked out asap.
Unread 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM

I agree that you shouldn't wait until its unbearable. Pain meds might help but they can also mask a serious warning. And if it hurts still, that sounds like a problem. I agree, do get checked out and don't wait until it's out of control. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-05-2013, 06:53 PM

Just spoke to a surgical nurse who is my neighbor her doctor and their staff told Thwir patients 6 weeks at least. No lifting anything 20 lbs and over even for laparoscopic procedures for risk of hernia and scar tissue.
Nausea and dizziness is your body telling you something is wrong. Sometimes doctors down play because they are other patients demanding them when you are not priority andyour treatment is completed. Please go get checked out better safe than sorry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register