Ten days post hysterectomy - infection starting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ten days post hysterectomy - infection starting Ten days post hysterectomy - infection starting

Unread 10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Ten days post hysterectomy - infection starting

I had full hysterectomy on the 22. Out of hospital a week ago and today I find out I have an infection starting my staples come out min and I am in oral and topical antibiotics. I am not sure how this happened
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Re: Not sure how to find my recovery area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
I had full hysterectomy on the 22. Out of hospital a week ago and today I find out I have an infection starting my staples come out min and I am in oral and topical antibiotics. I am not sure how this happened
outlander, I am do sorry that you are having to deal with an infection. and thankful it was caught early and you are already on anti-biotics. It would be a guesstimate about how it could have happened. My discharge nurse gave me additional instructions about infection prevention: washing hands religiously before touching anywhere near incision, using antibacterial soap to shower with, changing sheets every couple of days (not you by the way), being careful about pets near incisions, not wearing jammies more than once. Keep a close watch on it and contact your doctor if it does not clear up by the time you finish your meds.

Keep us informed on how you are doing. We are here for you.

on your continued recovery.
Unread 10-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Re: Ten days post hysterectomy - infection starting

I too had a mild infection. The antibiotics and PLENTY of rest took care of it. Now at week 7 and feeling normal except for swells belly, slight aches and stamina issues. Def REST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2014, 12:31 PM

I'm on my way to the ER for what I suspect is an infection as well, although not at the incisions. Ugh. Bodies.... Hugs! I hope you're tip top soon!
Unread 10-03-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryclem View Post
I'm on my way to the ER for what I suspect is an infection as well, although not at the incisions. Ugh. Bodies.... Hugs! I hope you're tip top soon!
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with possible infection. I know you hate to go to the ER but it is best to have it checked out before it gets worse. Please let us know how you are -- your sisters are here for you.

We would love to have you join us on your Recovery Thread. You will meet a wonderful group of ladies who had surgery last week also and are experiencing many of the same things you are in your recovery. They are really great on encouraging each other.

I will be watching to see how you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register