cesarean hysterectomy (preg mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cesarean hysterectomy (preg mentioned) cesarean hysterectomy (preg mentioned)

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:09 PM
cesarean hysterectomy (preg mentioned)

Hello,

first post here. I am scheduled to have a cesarean hysterectomy on August 4th. I have been diagonsed with placenta percreta. To say I am scared is a bit of an understatment. I dont want to lose my uterus. I dont want bladder surgery. I dont want to be put to sleep for the birth of my son. i dont want to be sterile.

Has anyone here had a placenta percreta? what was your recovery like? how did you accept your fate? any advice?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Re: cesarean hysterectomy (preg mentioned)

Hello menotyou! I don't have any answers but I want you to know that I will keep you in my prayers!! Best of luck in your ceserean/hyst!
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Re: cesarean hysterectomy (preg mentioned)

Hello,

I didn't have your condition, but I can tell you that the possibility of a hysterectomy did come up during the birth of my first child because he was so large and I had so much fluid and such a large placenta that they were worried the uterus would rupture, so I had to be prepared for the possibility of a hysterectomy. He was taken out via c-section at 37 weeks (10 lbs 4oz) and I ended up okay, but I understand your fears. I wish I had something wiser to say except that the most important thing is that the baby is safe and that he/she has a mommy afterward to care for him/her.

As for being asleep during the birth - I felt so much pressure about having the ideal birth scenario, and having had two babies I can tell you that it matters less how they get here than that they get here safely. A generation ago a lot of women had their babies while under general anestheisa. I know it is not ideal, I know it is not what you want and I know it sucks -- but I promise you that once that baby is in your arms, there will be so many other things to focus on, that the birth story part will soon fade away.

I hope that helps - don't want to minimize any of your fears and feelings because they are all real and very valid, but just wanted to give you some hope that when you and your baby get safely through things, you may feel a little better. You will be in my prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register