5 Weeks out - hoping for some feedback | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Weeks out - hoping for some feedback 5 Weeks out - hoping for some feedback

Unread 03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
5 Weeks out - hoping for some feedback

Hi there,
I had my Hysterectomy on January 27th. I had the Robotics assisted surgery, leaving my ovaries.

So I'd been feeling pretty good on the start of my 5th week. The cramping and the bleeding had been getting less, and I was just feeling better in general. Now this morning, I had to take my cat (12 lb) to the vet for a post-dental checkup.

I got back home, and felt a little damp in my pants. (I know that sounds weird.) I wasn't sure what the heck was going on so I went to the bathroom to check it out. Here I had bled through my underwear and pants and it was horrible! Of course I was wearing some white yoga pants...go figure.
It freaked me out a little bit because of the amount, and the blood was more red, like fresh blood. Anyway, I called my surgeon's office and spoke to the nurse and she said it was normal to bleed up to the 8 weeks recovery time. Whew!
BUT now I sit here and I am cramping so bad...ugh! Thank god my post-op appt is tomorrow. I need assurance everything is healing well!

And I'm REALLY emotional, like crying at the drop of a hat. Is that related?

Just wanted to get some feedback from some others that are around the same post-op time as me. Just kind of surprised that I am feeling so bad this far out. Am I doing too much, tho I don't feel like it??

Thanks!
Stacy
1/27/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Re: 5 Weeks out - hoping for some feedback

If you are bleeding to the point of filling a pad in one hour, then please go to the ER as this is too much blood. Otherwise, please stay horizontal as much as possible and call your doctor if the amount increases or you are in pain.

And yes, being emotional is part of this surgery as the blood supply to your ovaries has probably been disrupted and it takes a while to get them back working properly.
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Re: 5 Weeks out - hoping for some feedback

Lifting your cat may have been too much. How are you doing today ?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register