Three weeks post total hysterectomy & BSO: hormones??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Three weeks post total hysterectomy & BSO: hormones??? Three weeks post total hysterectomy & BSO: hormones???

Unread 01-02-2015, 04:02 AM
Three weeks post total hysterectomy & BSO: hormones???

I had a total hystetectomy on 10 Dec. Everything removed. Although my ovaries were to stay...the endometriosis was that bad..both ovaries were removed. Recovered really well only really swelly belly..gassy..bloadedness. I am only to see my gine at 6 weeks. But my house doc said i should start with hormones and started me on estradot 50 (stickers). But i am suffering from Anxiety. Not sure if this has anything to do with hormones?? Anybody else feel the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Re: hormones???

It may or may not be due to hormones. For me, when my estrogen levels are too low, I get anxiety. It may be that it's not the HRT that's causing your anxiety, it may be that your body thinks it needs more estrogen. However, it can take a couple months to know if something is working for you. Perhaps give it a little more time, and if it doesn't get better, talk to your doctor about it.
Unread 01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Re: Three weeks post total hysterectomy & BSO: hormones???

I stopped the estrodot..just felt to wait till i see my gine. But i have really bad anxiety (first time since 11 years ago). I read comments on this site and see that most women suffer for months with anxiety. That scares me. And another concern is how to determine how much hormones ... estrogen..progesterone. seems all this can take months. I feel i have been robbed of my joy. I regret having this op at this stage..everyone said its the best thing you can do...i somehow dont feel like that. Anyone with advice?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register