Didn't think I would be this calm | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Didn't think I would be this calm Didn't think I would be this calm

Unread 08-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Didn't think I would be this calm

So tomorrow morning at 6:30am is when its all going down. About 5 days ago, I was a nervous wreck and really having a hard time mentally coping with having a hysterectomy and the C word.

Yet here I am... hours before I go, and I'm ok.... I'm at peace with the experience. Some things are being taken from me tomorrow, leaving a "void" within. This is giving me an opportunity to grow and manifest something in its place.

I am working on growing my inner strength, to be the best woman I can be. Having my uterus and cervix removed does not change who I am.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Re: Didn't think I would be this calm

((Hugs)) You sound like you are in a good place mentally and that is a huge thing.

We're here if you need to talk about anything as the night goes on.
Unread 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM

We will all be thinking of you tomorrow! If it helps, I feel much better and whole now that my uterus and cervix are gone.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Thank you both so much.

To me its so strange, I have made major surgeries before and they never affected me emotionally.
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:15 PM

I love your positive thinking. You're absolutely right. Organs are just what is in our bodies. It's what's in our hearts and souls that make us who we are. I am scheduled for this Friday and am really working on positive thoughts also. Good luck to you and I am sending up a prayer for you right now!
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:57 PM

I'm scheduled for TLH in 6 days, and am also very calm. I hope I remain so as my day comes! I'm 46, and found peace the day I made the decision to go for it. I also felt much better after my final pre surgery appt with my doctor. I had 3 weeks to make a list of questions which she confidently answered. I don't feel traumatized in any way over losing my "girly parts", they don't make me who I am. Endo has robbed my life from me this summer. I've been stooped over with pain and am emotionally "used up". I'm chomping at the bit to get a move on!
Unread 08-14-2010, 07:19 PM

I wondered if I was an oddball for feeling the same way.

I'm 53, married with no kids, and I just had an attempt at an endometrial biopsy yesterday prior to doing a LSH; but the doc couldn't get through the cervix to get a good sample...too many large fibroids in the way. He seemed more worried than I about having to back up, regroup and take an abdominal approach. I am perfectly okay with it. Three years ago when my primary care lady first spoke the word "hysterectomy," I freaked out. Now I am ready to hand the GYN doc the scalpel to make the first cut! I just want it over and done with so I can get on with life. The pain and the waiting and going through all the tests and procedures takes a tremendous toll on our lives. Compared to all that, six weeks of recovery time is minor. Thanks to all for honestly sharing your experiences.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register