LAVH Major cramping 2.5 months post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major cramping 2.5 months post hysterectomy Major cramping 2.5 months post hysterectomy

Unread 05-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Major cramping 2.5 months post hysterectomy

Hi ladies, so I've been continuing to struggle with chronic pelvic and groin pain. I've had it for years from a hernia surgery in 99. Anyway, I'm just shy of 3 months post op and have been having some lower abdomen cramping, like pressure almost, very period like. It's under my c section line and around that lower area. I'm not bleeding but have had lots of yellow discharge since surgery and have had two granulation treatments.

Last night I awoke at 130 am and couldn't even stand straight. It was even worse because when my bladder is full the pain is worse and it hurts to urinate. Hurts inside, not the burning uti type but different, like it hurts to empty my bladder? . I finally called my doctor today and can't get in until Friday. I don't know of whether to think it could be a bladder issue, hormones as I have one ovary, or from granulation. I'm in so much pain I feel like I did when I had bad periods. So discouraged, especially if I'm told there's nothing they can do,.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Re: Major cramping 2.5 months post op

I'm just shy of 3 months myself and experiencing everything you are, had 3 silver nitrate treatments, etc. I even have to take painkillers a few times a week when the pain gets too bad. My surgeon wants to take my ovaries (I still have both) but I'm told that this might not completely cure the pain, though it would remove the cyclical aspect of it as I would no longer ovulate. I don't want more surgery, so I'm hoping someone else has a better response for you as I am all ears!
Unread 05-04-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister2015 View Post
I'm just shy of 3 months myself and experiencing everything you are, had 3 silver nitrate treatments, etc. I even have to take painkillers a few times a week when the pain gets too bad. My surgeon wants to take my ovaries (I still have both) but I'm told that this might not completely cure the pain, though it would remove the cyclical aspect of it as I would no longer ovulate. I don't want more surgery, so I'm hoping someone else has a better response for you as I am all ears!
Thanks sister2015! I will keep you posted. I'm needing painkillers as well. So tired of it all. I've been Considering getting the other ovary out but the only thing that's keeling me for doing so is my history of migraines. Terrified the lack of estrogen will make it worse. I'm interested to knoow if the granulation is still in there. My doc said it wouldn't cause cramps but how the he'll would He know. Lol. I love my doc but the granulated and the treatments really bothered me. I hope you get some relief! Doo you find it especially painful when u wake up in the middle of the night or morning with a full bladder? ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2015, 10:47 PM

I am 3 months post op and experiencing Painful cramping as well! I finally went into my doctor about it. I kept my ovaries. We did bloodwork (waiting on results) but he went ahead and started me on progesterone. I was having other symptoms too like insomnia, hot flashes, mood swings, migraines, bloating and joint pain. He said that sometimes the ovaries take awhile to "wake up" so I've been stuck in the PMS phase. I will have an ultrasound in 10 days to see if my ovaries are showing any action, like ovulating. Since starting the progesterone 3 days ago I do notice some of my symptoms disappearing but unfortunately the pain, heaviness and cramping, are still there. Hoping that in a few days they I will see a difference! You may want to check with your doctor and rule out if it is hormonal.
Unread 05-05-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtree5 View Post
I am 3 months post op and experiencing Painful cramping as well! I finally went into my doctor about it. I kept my ovaries. We did bloodwork (waiting on results) but he went ahead and started me on progesterone. I was having other symptoms too like insomnia, hot flashes, mood swings, migraines, bloating and joint pain. He said that sometimes the ovaries take awhile to "wake up" so I've been stuck in the PMS phase. I will have an ultrasound in 10 days to see if my ovaries are showing any action, like ovulating. Since starting the progesterone 3 days ago I do notice some of my symptoms disappearing but unfortunately the pain, heaviness and cramping, are still there. Hoping that in a few days they I will see a difference! You may want to check with your doctor and rule out if it is hormonal.
Thank you ashtree! It helps so much to hear other women's stories. I'm interested to know if the progesterone does help. I'm so torn on whether or not to keep my one ovary. As I think I mentioned, I get migraines as well and am so incredibly terrified of them getting worse if I do three days after my hysterectomy I ended up in the er throwing up from one. I hope u get better too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register