to much stuff in my suitcase | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

to much stuff in my suitcase to much stuff in my suitcase

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:03 AM
to much stuff in my suitcase

hello sisters X
Well i went out today and was buying smelly stuff for being in hospital . DH asked me several times you sure you need that of course LADIES we all know better so i replyed
yep i need everything right down to a new scrunchy for my hair . well i was WRONG LOL .. i went home opened my suitecase and its already full oh well its allowed aint it? anyway dh is laughing his head off as he thinks lost the plot anyway . So i replyed to cover myself i need that other stuff its in the suitcase for WHEN i come outa hospital so there dh. aint i good lol got him on that one . Wasnt telling him the truth that i am totally off my head at the moment cant remember what day it is never mind what to buy hmm
love jenX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:09 AM

LOL, Jen!

I plan on packing a full suitcase, too.

Heck, if I can't look good, at least I can try to smell good

So, here's to ya and your suitcase
Unread 04-21-2004, 11:14 AM
cheers to lol

thanks
its great when you can just about get away with everything
We deserve it . might just see if he will pour me a glass of wine going to far mabay ? lol
love jenxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 11:35 AM

i am attempting to pack my suitcase but i just keep running in circles and getting nothing accomplished. i figured i'd put my hair in two braids the morning of surgery, ponytail would just bother me...i think i need lotion, toothbrush, etc. robe and BIG jammies. what else? i'm hiding my cell but i want it if i need to call my son (he'll be three miles away) what's on your list?
Unread 04-21-2004, 01:05 PM
whats on your list

hi emm
right i have got toothpaste, deodrant shampoo ,brush, scrunchys for hair, jammies and nite gowns ,slippers,knickers,magazines,socks,pads just incase,god forgot what i bought now
will get back to you when i open my case and i will let you know ok .
jen X
Unread 04-21-2004, 01:12 PM

I believe in traveling light, especially since what you take has a way of multiplying before you leave, and somehow it has to get out to the car!

All I needed/wanted:
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Shampoo, cream rinse, moisturizer
A brush
Robe & slippers
Lip balm (moisturizing formula) try to make sure it has no petroleum in it as it will react with oxygen should you need it.

Don’t bother with books, etc. You won’t feel like reading and it’s just something you’ll have to carry home.

Some ladies take their own nighties, but for such a short period of time I didn't bother. I figured I'd let the hospital do the laundry! I went in on Tuesday and came home Thursday.

I didn’t take my own pillow, I would have been stressing about leaving it behind or otherwise misplacing it (it's a very expensive down pillow). The pillows in my hospital were as comfortable, if not more so, than a lot of “better” hotels I've stayed in.

I wore sweats to the hospital and the same thing home.
Unread 04-21-2004, 02:02 PM
too much stuff in my suitcase

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I am sensitive to the "smelly stuff".

If you feel well enough to use it, please check with those around you first.

Just my opinion, sorry!

SusieQ
Unread 04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Emm

Best to not bring cell phone. It intefers with hospital equipment including the IV. There was an expose on 48 hours about a lady who's heart stopped, she was revived, because of interference due to her using the cell.
Unread 04-21-2004, 03:26 PM
different part of the world ...

hi x
just reply to mails . i have just came out of hospital in december , quote to dont bring any books it was the only sanity i had i had the same op on december its similar to hysta . so i do know what its like well the op and after after a few days, because i have to stay in for 2 weeks because i become very ill as i am only 7 stone 6 and i drop very sudden to 6 stone and become very week
so my long stay in hospital concists of books to get me over the lonlyness as my husband works in nova in canada for a texas company on a drilling rig but we come from scotland.... a long way away and we dont get support from our familys. sometimes that happens you know ...also on a other quote we dont get our laundry done for us here in scotland at our hospitals as its the NHS. means national health service. they do not have the money to do our laundry even though me and my dh make money in our lives thats what its like in scotland its completly different. so i have to buy nite stuff ect .. as they dont provide anything exept towels to have a shower or bath and they have hospital gowns that we wear at the theatre then,they take it away after you come round and encourage you to get up and get about as soon as possible because they havent enough beds through the NHS ..
otion: love jen X
Unread 04-21-2004, 04:23 PM

I'm sooo bringing my blankie and pillow.... I bring them whenever I'm not at home... must have!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register