slip and fell in the kitchen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

slip and fell in the kitchen slip and fell in the kitchen

Unread 11-29-2005, 09:19 AM
slip and fell in the kitchen

I will be entering in my 5 week on tomorrow. On yesterday My daughter when to the refridge and something fell out of it.

I told her to make sure she get it all up.. I heard my cell phone ringing in the living room.. coming from my den into the kitchen right in front of the refridge..my legs went in front of me.. Oh Boy.. I hit the back my head on the refridge and my wrist hit the floor.. I felt this hard pain in my lower belly..

oh my gosh I had to laid there for 5 mins.. my 8 year daughter screaming 911, 911 kept saying I'm sorry.. I told her to come down.. Just let me lay here for a moment...she went to get a towel and lay it on the floor so I be able to get a balance as I grab the counter to get up..

the doctor told me I didn't damage myself. My lower belly was tender already .. Oh Boy.. I had to take a pain pill ..

But other than that I'm doing ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2005, 09:30 AM

Sorry to hear about your fall,I know what you mean! I thought my water heater went out, but it turns out the pipe that runs under my closet sprung a leak. Plumber came out and pulled up the carpet, and had to jackhammer into the concrete. Left the closet doors in front of my bed, so I (stupid) tried to move one. (No Dice) Had to and should have waited for DS in the first place. Needless to say its a Vicodin day. (might explain some of my posts on the granny panties thread)
Hope your well soon.
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:33 AM

Bestofthesouth, I am glad to see that you didn't hurt yourself. I'm sure you will be sore for several days. I am sending you big .Please take it easy and rest, you are still early in your recovery. Blessings, Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2005, 09:46 AM
so glad you're ok

Having kids in the house is scary enough with toys and what not. Shoes seem to be my biggest stumbling block. My biggest fear is a fall, no matter how "fall proof" we make things, we still seem to find ways to stumble, slip, hit things (shin bruises are the worst!).

So glad to hear you're ok!
Maybe you should get out those non skid booties!
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:56 AM

Glad you are ok belly-wise. Pain pills are handy. How's your head??? If you have cats, watch those boogers---they get under your feet & it appears they are trying to trip you on purpose, though I'm sure they're just being goofy. Best of luck on your recovery. Now go lay down!
Unread 11-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Cats jump right on your stomach.

I fellon my 5th day post-op. I twisted my ankle and went down just like a rock. I had no reaction defense. Worst of all, a line of cars were there with somewhat cruel people laughing at the down cow. It probably looked funny, but I'm somewhat sensitive these days. Even the mail man had to poke fun at how slow I was walking. I finally had to explain.

I'll bet you these men would be in bed writhing in pain and whining.When somebody is really slow crossing the street I will try to remember how slow and in pain I was.
Unread 11-29-2005, 11:42 AM

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE all of you! I don't know if I can use the "a" word... but I felt like such a DONKEY when I fell in a stump hole at 2 weeks post-op and got a big bruise on my leg. It's not like I usually go around falling... but cut my belly open and whomp, down I went. to all. You're wonderful!
Kate
Unread 11-29-2005, 11:46 AM

Thank you all very much..for replying.. I feel better now..after I read everyone replies.. My 8 year is doing better..she went to school today it really did scare her..all of the crying and screaming 911..It hurted my heart to see her scared... I reasure her that everything is ok...and I'll be ok...
Unread 11-29-2005, 01:50 PM

I fell in the kitchen too around two weeks post op- scared the ****ens out of me, but other than banging/brusing my knees, and twisting the other one, I escaped injury free. It must be a common thing for us post-op princesses to be falling/tripping/slipping! Take care!
Unread 11-29-2005, 02:56 PM
bumps and bruises stage?

I wonder if that's what we're all going through. I've noticed I seem to be a lot more clumsy than I used to be. At first I blamed it on the pain meds, but now that I'm only taking ibuprophen and Tylenol, I can't use that excuse.
We all went through this at puberty, some of us have lost our ovaries, others (as me) have kept theres, so it can't be a puberty stage.
lol I'm not sure what it is, but am so glad that others are at least sharing in it, though I wouldn't wish a fall on anyone, it's nice that we can atleast say "hey I've had that happen too"
sometimes thats the most comforting advice one can hear.
Maybe those non skid slippers from the hospital do have a purpose other than keeping our tootsies warm.
Sure would have been nice to know ahead of time that we'd be a bit more clumsy around the house, but then again maybe that would have scared us too much.
Maybe we should start a petition to have added stickers on our meds, not just the ones that warn against driving heavy machinery, unless the vacume counts as one lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register