Vaginal Hysterectomy with Anterior Posterior Colporrhaphy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Hysterectomy with Anterior Posterior Colporrhaphy Vaginal Hysterectomy with Anterior Posterior Colporrhaphy

Unread 05-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Vaginal Hysterectomy with Anterior Posterior Colporrhaphy

:I am feeling much better than on May 2nd, the date of my surgery. I am walking approximately 1/2 mile outside per day. I am also 74 years old. I want to know when it will be safe for me to sweep and mop because I do not like dust bunnies? I was very active before the surgery, walking 1 1/2 miles, doing aerobics and lifting weights. Sitting and reading or watching movies does not fill the void. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Re: Vaginal Hysterectomy with Anterior Posterior Colporrhaphy

and

I too was active before surgery with running, a weekly cardio class and free weights. If you're active, it is tough to sit by and do relatively little in comparison. As you increase your daily activity, you might notice some additional aches. I'd get dull aches and more swelling whenever I'd do something the first time post op, or later after I was cleared, whenever I'd do something intense (last episode was at 5 months).

Activity which engages your abs is best cleared by your doctor - whether mopping, sweeping, aerobics or weights. Somewhere between 4-8 weeks is the norm, though you might have lifting restrictions removed sooner. Best thing to do with the dust bunnies is to either give them names , or find someone to help clean, perhaps a small group at your church, a trusted neighborhood teen, or a cleaning service. There are risks to doing Too Much Too Soon. I don't know about you, but the inside of a hospital is not something I want to see again over something preventable. Walking is great, and it'll help with stamina.

All your activities will return in time. It's a slower journey than many of us thought . You're an inspiration, and I hope I'm still using weights when I'm in my mid 70s.

Unread 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Re: Vaginal Hysterectomy with Anterior Posterior Colporrhaphy

thank you for your response. I do not want to end up in the hospital even though I am very impatient. i guess i must wait until my 6 week checkup in June before I know when I can resume some of the activities until then i'll take it slow and and jump in my dreams. At least one activity is not limited which is enjoying chocolate.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register