feel good one day and not the next | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feel good one day and not the next feel good one day and not the next

Unread 02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
feel good one day and not the next

i am going in to my 4th week. feel really good today but i know tomorrow i won't. one day at a time i guess. i feel so good that i want to do everything around the house, i know i can't. i have had some spotting, read that it is ok, has anyone else had that. mosty in the evening. the swelly belly is still hanging around. i guess with time that will go too. i know what you mean about people thinking you are ok because they can't see your inside to know you are still healing. i have to even remind myself sometimes. would love some other advice. i think i am healing ok.
have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2007, 02:01 PM

Glad you're doing so well. I overdid it today...cleaned the kitchen, did all the laundry...too much reaching and bending and paying for it now. Think I'm gonna sit on my big butt the rest of the day and try to rest.
Unread 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM

Hi yooper2,

I'm glad you're having some good days . That's a good sign! You're so close to surgery that it's very normal to have some good days mixed with bad days. It's so hard to "be good" and NOT over-do when you're having a good day. It all comes down to the fact that it takes longer to heal (and usually involves more pain ) if you hurt yourself by over-doing.

Getting lots of rest and drinking lots of water are some of the best things you can do for yourself right now. You're so close to your surgery date, and many doctors say it can take a year to really be healed inside and out. So please remember to and let your body rest so it has enough energy to heal.

In the meantime, we're here for you! And don't hesitate to call your doc if anything unusual comes up- that's what they're here for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2007, 05:42 AM
some spotting, is it normal?

thanks to everyone for the emails. it is so great to talk to people who are going through the same things i am. i am having some break through spotting. is that normal do you think. it is not alot so i am not real worried. what about taking baths? someone said they are not good for you after this type of surgery. just wanted some feedback. i still have some numb feeling in the front of my belly, that must take awhile to dissappear also. would love to hear from you. have a great day.
Unread 02-06-2007, 06:46 AM

I was doing really well and finally had a few days where I was almost pain-free and then last night I bent down to get something off the bottom shelf in a store and I felt something inside rip. Now I am back on the pain train again! I have been so careful and really haven't overdone it in all these weeks, but one small movement and I have set myself back. It doesn't take much.

I hope you start to have more good days than bad. I haven't had any bleeding at all, but I have read a lot of posts from women who have bled for the first few months, so unless it's heavy, I wouldn't worry. Sometimes there is bleeding as the swelling goes down and the stitches come out.

Judy
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM

I think it was about the 4 week mark when I was most discouraged. I knew I was going back to work at 6 weeks and I just didn't know how I was ever going to be well enough to do it. But miraculously I did. I was exhausted, and still often am very tired, but each day is better and better. I think there are times that we move ahead and then back a bit...it is a slow process. I have loads of energy now and then and then NONE....very frustrating. I have so many things I would like to get done, and never have time or energy for. Hang in there...It does get better! Slowly but surely, you get ahead!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register