Hysterectomy scheduled for May 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy scheduled for May 12 Hysterectomy scheduled for May 12

Unread 05-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Hysterectomy scheduled for May 12

What is your greatest fear, worry, or concern about your surgery? What scares you most? What has you the most excited? Most abxiouse? And how do you deal with these emotions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Re: What is your greatest fear, worry, or concern about your surgery?

I worry, fear, concern that I will not wake up. Im scared to leave my family behind without me.

But im so excited to know that in 15 days, Ill have this junk out of me and be on my awy to a pain free life!

I dont deal well, I take xanax as needed. It helps a ton! If I could, Id go work out, but on Drs orders Im banned from the gym )=
Unread 05-10-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm worried about the pain after surgery. I had a problem with geting docs. to listen to me about pain BEFORE, I'm imagining laying there in pain with no one believing me.
I'm worried that no one will give my doggie water. They'll feed her, but they never give her water. She's old and blind, and my baby.

I'm sooo happy that this pain I'm experiencing NOW will be gone away with my uterus.

My husband is afraid of me dying, and so are my kids. No cancer scare, but they're afraid of the operation.

I am listening to praise music and The Psalms on my ipod. Calms me down.

Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2009, 02:18 PM

I guess my greatest concern would be I would have so much medicine in me I would not be aware of my surroundings or who was in my hospital room after the surgery. Dying is not a fear it eases my mind to know so many sisters who have gone through this and it was ok.
God is good.
Unread 05-10-2009, 02:28 PM

My biggest concern is the recovery period. I have 3 boys, 11, 8, 2. My DH is taking 2 weeks off to help out, but of course I worry that he will be able to handle all the kids, they will get to school, get fed, my 2 year old is very clingy to me, and only wants ME to get him out of his crib, only ME to change him and take him potty (he is working on potty training) My hubby is a good dad (he is the step-Dad to my oldest 2) but I am so used to taking care of the kids, and of course, MY way is best ...Plus, my hubby is missing 2 weeks work, sooo I worry about bills being paid, I guess I am afraid my I won't be able to relax and let him take care of things....
Unread 05-10-2009, 03:38 PM

I am worried about losing my ovaries and what could happen as a result.
Unread 05-10-2009, 04:34 PM

My own greatest fears are not waking up and the pain. I am also concerned it will effect my love life. I am lucky to have a wonder full and supportive fiance. But the fear of loosing him always lingers in my mind. Also I am worried what will I be like emotionally. I just pray my fears are unfounded and all will turn out all right.
Unread 05-10-2009, 05:06 PM

I am scared of the pain,and the recovery afterward,and im scared that its going to be a higher grade cancer,once they take everything out to examine it. and its so hard going through the what ifs. and i am scared of menopause because i am olny 26,its hard to feel like i am all alone in this situation. that nobody my age has been through this at this young age.but i am bless that i have a few closet friends and my family and ofcourse God.
Unread 05-10-2009, 05:19 PM

I am scheduled for LAVH on Wed May 13th. I guess my greatest fear is that they will have to switch to TAH. I have had my period for three months, with lots of pain and heavy, heavy bleeding. Dr says I have fibroids. I am happy with my decision to have LAVH, just scared about TAH. A little concerned about catheter and possibility of episiotomy, I think that is how it is spelled, I had one of those when my son was born and I am not looking forward to possibility of that. I have been trying to eat right, so it is easier on my bowels and all that.

I have combed this sight and I have found lots of info, so I have been preparing myself, but as the day grows closer, I am finding I am getting more and more anixious about it.
Unread 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM

I am scheduled for a LAVH on June 10th and I am sooooo afraid I will have to have a TAH. I am also afraid I will not be able to handle the pain after surgey if they do have to switch. I had a C-Section 10 yrs ago but I had a baby to motivate me to get up that time I am not so sure I will have the extra motivation this time. So I am apprehensive about that!!

I am also scared they will find more wrong with me than they think is already wrong with me and I will end up losing both ovaries. I am Bipolar so that really scares me!!!

But I am excited to FINALLY be free of pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register