In tons of pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In tons of pain In tons of pain

Unread 08-16-2012, 06:15 AM
In tons of pain

I had my survey Monday the. 13th I got home from the hospital yesterday. I'm staying with my mom, its amazing how even at 33 you can need ur mother so bad. Im in tons of pain, im taking percocet every 3 to 4 hrs if I forget or take it late its unbearable. They gave me 50 and I know im gonna run out, my dr said that would be enough but there is no way. I've been in pain for years and have had to take lots of meds so I have a high tolorence, I dont want to seem like a wimp but I dont want to be in pain either. I had a layer removed from the pelvic wall to remove endo and they detached all my organs which were stuck together.
im terrified to return to work even tho thats not till the end of the month its hard to imagine ill even feel better then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Re: In tons of pain

((((HUGS))))), I'm sorry to hear you are having so much pain! A lot of my pain post op was bowel related. It helped to walk for small amounts. Try to drink lots of water and get some rest! Let your mom take care of u!! My mom came and stayed with me for a few days, I'm 34 and still need my mom!! Praying for pain free days ahead of you!

Val
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM

Quit stressing about work number 1. Lol it'll be there when you get back I promise. As far as the pain, I'm right with you. I was worried in the beginning just like you. I ran out of mine twice. Dr wrote two more prescriptions. So don't worry if you are almost out call the doc. They understand everybody heals differently. Mine now understands there are people like me. I'm a big baby when it comes to pain. I see no reason why I should ever have any!! Lol. Hang in there. I quit stressing out after first week or so when I realized I couldn't do anything about it. You'll feel better when your body is ready to. Not a minute sooner. Hugggsss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2012, 08:39 PM

((hugs)) hun it has only been a few days and I know it seems like the pain will never ease up but it will. The 1st week is the hardest. Just get plenty of rest and drink lots of water Don't be so hard on yourself. Your body just went threw major surgery and has to heal. Pamper yourself Hun
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM

You poor thing! So sorry to hear about the pain!

Check in with your doctor before the weekend and just make sure all is OK -- that might give you some peace of mind. Also, try all the remedies above plus maybe a heating pad on your back or an ice pack on your tummy, try a different resting position or maybe a recliner, some walking might help...just try everything possible and see if you can find the right thing to help!

HUGS!
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:52 PM

The suggestions above are great! Here is one more. Check with your doctor to see if you can take over the counter meds in between your doses of percocets. It might help stretch out the narcotics and your pain may be better controlled. Be sure you ask your doctor what you can take because percocets already contain acetaminophen so you probably shouldn't be taking anymore of that.
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:22 AM

Thanks for the help and support, I can't take most over the counter meds due to other things.but your right im not going to worry if I run out im gonna call the Dr.
last night I threw up which was awful, im getting shots of blood thinners each evening and they've been making me feel ill, throwing up was the worst thing ever I wish the anti nausea meds worked better.
The work thing is much harder I know this stress is making this worse but its very hard to "check out" this long.
Thanks again this site is helpful, esp with me being so emotionally shaky right now.
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:25 AM

Do not despair!!!

Right now it seems as if the pain will never end, Iknow.

I was in wretched pain the first few days after surgery. In teh hospital IV morphine was not enough to completely cover it. At home my prescription drugs did not completely erase it.

I truly believed I'd be suffering for months.

I was wrong.

I received lots of encouragement to walk, no matter how slowly or how few the steps. I did so once pain meds were in full effect. I shuffled around the house the first couple of days at home.
Days 3 and 4, I was walking half a block
Days 5 and 6 a bull block
day 7, a full block and a park
days 8-10- 2 mile round trip to Barnes and Noble.

But those first few days out? Shoot, I was convinced i was headed for at least weeks of misery.

What you cannot yet appreciate is how much things change in a 48 hour period.

take those steps, walk!
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:25 AM

You guys were right the pain is dying down, I still need the pain killers but not as often. I spoke to the Dr yesterday and he said he expected me to need them for 2 weeks due to the endo and all that. I had a tiny tiny bm but at least it was something, im gonna try real food today, ive been on a soft food diet since Wednesday amd before that a clear liquid diet since Saturday.

Thanks for being there

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register