Colpo Today...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Colpo Today...... Colpo Today......

Unread 12-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Colpo Today......

Hello again,
Well today is the big day. I am about to have my 7th colposcopy. I am really not looking forward to it so I am up early cleaning and looking at things online. This is also the first colpo after they did my second, more invasive LEEP. I was told at my last appt (had to switch doctors and he did only a PAP) that he could see a lesion with his naked eye. I am a little nervous about that. Ok I am freaked out. I have read as much as I can online and everywhere else and can only find that if you can see it, then it probably has progressed. I really don't want to go but I know I have to. I will also find out today when he can do my hysterectomy (at least that is what he said last time). I am just wishing this was all over already. I am tired of going to see the docs all the time. I am on doctor burnout!!!! (I have other medical problems I have been going alot for also.) Thanks for listening to me vent a little. Hope everyone's day is wonderful and full of the christmas spirit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Colpo Today......

I just had to wish you good luck. I live in Soyth Africa and its only the early birds who are up and online when I am because of the time difference.
Unread 12-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Colpo Today......

I am so sorry to hear that! I know what you are going through. I have been needing colposcopies since I was 17. I have had more than I can count, had the cryo/freezing thing done 3 times and I too had a LEEP done two years ago...

I know for myself that about 6 years ago, I went to my GP and had a PAP that came back of course, abnormal. Silly me, I lied when he called to follow up that I had already seen my GYNE. I didn't want to go through it again!!!!! I truly understand your apprehension.

That is definately why when I am able to FINALLY get my hyst, they are taking my cervix as well, and believe me, after all the chopping, freezing and burning they have done to the thing, I'm surprised there's anything left of it!!! I am letting it go without remorse!!!

Good luck to you today! I hope you get your date and I'll be thinking of you!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Colpo Today......

My thoughts are with you today. I hate the colposcopy. I had the LEEP and it was such a breeze, but those tiny little biopsies with no pain meds are terribly painful in my mind and I always bleeding for a few weeks after a colpo, but not after the LEEP. I knew I was getting close to needing another one in October and I was going in for a D&C so I asked my doc to do the colpo while she had me out. Thank goodness, it all came back benign, but that doesn't mean it won't come back. I think I will probably get rid of my cervix, too.

Let us know if you come home with a date, too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register