I'm home and doing okay. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home and doing okay. I'm home and doing okay.

Unread 03-14-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm home and doing okay.

Just wanted to let everyone know I survived my hysterectomy and am home. I was in the hospital for four days. I am so happy to be home. I go back tomorrow to get my staples out. I am taking it easy and would love any tips for post-op survival. Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm home and doing okay.

Welcome Home redhead13

I go to the castle tomorrow so I don't have any tips for post-op survival. I'm waiting to see what tips you get.

's
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm home and doing okay.

Hi Girls,

I had my surgery on March 7 th and I'm doing GREAT.......I've lost 10 lbs which I could afford to lose...lol... Ive a 7 inch vertical incision with LOTS of staples (coming out tomorrow)....I walk around the house , drink water and rest.
Yesterday (Sunday) my DH took me out for a ride to Tim'S for a sandwhich for lunch...had to nap when we got home but that's ok...lol... I am taking care of myself but I'm really impressed with how well I feel...so it does get better although I am sure that I will have bad days but we will deal with them when they come.

Keep your spirits up, rest and take it easy...everything will be fine

Hugzzzz
Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Post-Op tips

Hi, Vicki, home!

The first two weeks of recovery takes a little patience with your body. It's working full-time on healing. You will be resting a lot. Follow your doctor's instructions for recovery. I sure wish you all the best with the physical part. It gets better every day, especially after the first two weeks.

*We rented movies for the first weekend. I was able to watch about half at a time, so we had long intermissions. I got into a little trouble with laughing, but did no damage.
*Had my daughter record evening TV programs so I could watch them during the day.
*Had some of my favorite foods in the house (comfort).
*Listened to music or radio.
*Had some good books to read when I could focus.
*Walked outside to mailbox and around our neighborhood.
*After two weeks, enjoyed rides in the car. Drove myself comfortably after three weeks for short trips only.
*Worked on hobbies that were easy to do at the table.
*Had short visits from friends and talked on the phone some.
*Spent lots of time here at Hystersisters encouraging others and learning more about recovery.

I hope you will find your recovery a peaceful time. Try to relax and enjoy it. You will know when you feel like doing more, but listen to your body and try not to overdo.

Our "sisters" here will have other suggestions for activities, but recovery is a slow and quiet time. I think we all get bored. You have lots of company.

Come visit here at Hystersisters.

S! Cinderellen
Unread 03-14-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm home and doing okay.

Here's a link to some suggestions: I'm Bored! Do's and Don'ts

The first week or so home, I had all I could do to keep my drains drained (I had three of them), walk to the sink for my water, take a shower once a day! By week two, I actually felt like paying attention to TV, etc.

I did some knitting (an art I'm rediscovering) and I watched some movies. Some co-workers came over for lunch a few times, too. I rediscovered my cookbook collection -- I just love reading cookbooks. It's a calorie-free indulgence.

What you DON'T do is almost as important as what you DO at this point. No housework, no lifting, no bending or stretching. Add these very, very gradually to your routine. Never underestimate the ability to bend over and pick something off the floor.

Hope this helps!
Unread 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm home and doing okay.

One of those grabber tools ($9.95 at WalMart) helps immensely.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register