One more sleep. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One more sleep. One more sleep.

Unread 12-04-2008, 06:23 AM
One more sleep.

I'm so excited Just one more sleep and then I'm going to the castle to have my hyst.

I don't think I have ever planned anything as thoroughly in my life before as I've planned for what I believe is to be the beginning of the best part of my life still ahead. lol

I am wonderfully calm about the operation even though we're not sure yet what all has to be done.

I know I am having a TVH, repairs to my prolapsed bladder as well as ovarian drilling done, but I also have a lot of adhesions which might still cause me to end up having an incision to fix whatever may still be wrong.

I just know that my operation tomorrow is going to be a huge success and that my future will be so much brighter and cramp free. I can hardly wait.

Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 06:43 AM
One more sleep.

I love your positive attitude. That should be a big help to you.

Best wishes, I hope that all goes well for your surgery and recovery.

Unread 12-04-2008, 07:00 AM
One more sleep.

I go in tomorrow too. Yes looking forward to beyond periods...but my scared out of mind nerves have suddenly hit-with nightmares. I was in a good place too mentally! Its awful today. I wish you continued peace and calm about it. Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get the relief you seek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 08:03 AM
One more sleep.

Good luck tomorrow! You are going to feel so much better once it is all behind you. Keep your possitive attitude. I am 8 weeks out and I feel like a different person! No more pain!!

Take care and I am sure everything will go perfectly.
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:07 AM
One more sleep.

Good Luck with your surgery. Mine is still a month out and I'm not calm at all. I'm scared out of my mind. Probably because I just found last week that I am going to have one. I know it will be better for me and I know things will get easier...I'm just really scared.

I've had 3 shoulder surgeries in the last couple of years and on the second one my leg ended up burned because the electrical patch they put on ur thigh for cauterizing, well...it wasn't secured on my leg so it zapped me...it wasn't just a burn, but an electrical burn and it took about 3 months for it to heal. I know I won't have that with this but I am so scared.

I know they will dope me up because of my nerves because they have had to in the past, I cry like a baby and they give me a "cocktail" and calm me down. The drug guy (can't even think how to spell anest....) made me laugh when he said he had an "awesome" cocktail for me and everything would be alright.

I wish I had nerves of steel like you do. I'm going to be a basketcase by the time I'm 24 hours away from H day!!

Good Luck to you!
Unread 12-04-2008, 08:13 AM
One more sleep.

Good luck to you. I had my surgery on 12/2 and feel great! A positive attitude really helps and to be at peace with your decision makes all the difference.
Unread 12-04-2008, 09:03 AM
One more sleep.

Thank you everybody for your good wishes.

Good luck to all my sisters having theirs soon too.
Unread 12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
One more sleep.

Hi Georgie25! Best wishes with your hyst tomorrow. I know you'll be fine - you've got a really positive attitude. Mine is next week and I'm trying to stay really busy and positive this week too. Isn't this website GREAT? Will look forward to hearing all about it on the post-op board.
Unread 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
One more sleep.

Hey GIRLS!

I go in a week from tomorrow and I am only sleeping a few hours a night. I called the doctor and she said to drink some warm milk. She really didn't want me to have anything at the moment. BUT promised me that I could have something in the hospital. She isn't being mean or not caring, but anything I take affects my iron problem. So, I am dealing. Usually I have a glass of wine (could go for the whole bottle right now ) but she said it was too close to my date.

Good luck and try to sleep tonight. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow georgie25! God Bless everyone going tomorrow!
Unread 12-04-2008, 01:06 PM
One more sleep.

Good luck to all other December 5th princesses! I wish that Georgie25 could "pass" some of that calm through the computer. I don't know why I am so nervous...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register