Upcoming hysterectomy 4/7: They don't know what type of hysterectomy to do! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 4/7: They don't know what type of hysterectomy to do! Upcoming hysterectomy 4/7: They don't know what type of hysterectomy to do!

Unread 04-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 4/7: They don't know what type of hysterectomy to do!

my surgery is this coming Tuesday and they can not tell me what kind of hyster I am having.

They are going to try laparoscopic but it isn't 100% because I have a 9cm ovary mass and an enlarged uterus.

I go in Monday to sign all my papers for Tuesday and will be taking with them again but I am still freaking out.

Poor husband doesn't understand but is 100% supportive.

I know one of you lovely ladies can relate and help clam me down: please and thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Re: They don't know what type of hysterectomy to do!

Don't freak out! I went through my pre op journey thinking I was going to be having a laparoscopy but right in the last week I was sent off for an MRI just in case my already massive fibroid was nasty / growing and it was then decided I would be having abdominal. It had read every single bit of literature I could on laparoscopic and then felt totally unprepared! It was all good - I researched as much as I could and now 4 weeks post op feel fantastic! You will be fine, you really will - I feel so much better than I ever thought and it so wonderful not to be carrying my big fat uterus around haha! My poor husband too was 100% supportive while I was losing my mind - give him lots of hugs .. They too are superstars.

Good luck - you've got this x
Unread 04-02-2015, 12:20 AM

I just found out Monday I am having my hysterectomy. Having a week to plan is really bugging me.
Been over a year in planning. Until Monday when I seen my oncologist for the first time. He isn't playing around, which shocked me. I am use to hearing "come back in 2 weeks".
Was nice not to hear this but just worried about why type they are going to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2015, 01:17 AM

Hi,i had surgery 5 weeks ago,it started as laparoscopic but due to compilcations they then did an 8in horizontal awsell,i think you just need to think if they do decide on a TAH it will be for a good reason,my surgeon apologized for having to do both but i told him he was just taking good care of me.sending you warm wishes for your upcoming surgery and for a speedy recovery🌺
Unread 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM

I will be talking with him Monday. Just to double check the plan. I really like this doctor.
It took over a year and a doctor switch to get this done. I am stupidly excited but worried at the same time.
Looking forward to being pain free!
Unread 04-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 4/7: They don't know what type of hysterectomy to do!

The plan for me is a vaginal hysterectomy but I had to sign for possible abdominal hysterectomy as he feels I may have too much scar tissue. He said he will do the least invasive but do whatever is required for me. That makes me feel good. I won't know until I wake up. Hopefully you get more answers Mon to help calm you.
Unread 04-02-2015, 12:58 PM

Greetings Shme

I can understand your frustration and anxiety - it is very common - but as the others here have mentioned, there are many factors that can effect what type of Hysterectormy you have. And yes...it can be maddening and very confusing

Here is a link to an article you might find insightful:

FACTORS DETERMINING SURGERY TYPE

You mentioned you have confidence in your docotr, and this is very important for piece of mind I'd recommend making a list of questions to ask your doctor so that you don't forget to mention anything important.

Hugs and please try to do relaxing activities you enjoy prior to your surgery...this will distract you a bit and help keep that anxiety in check

Best of luck for a safe surgery and good recovery.
Unread 04-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Thank you ladies!

Feeling a little better! Everything is hitting all at once.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register