Pre-op Today-Feeling better | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op Today-Feeling better Pre-op Today-Feeling better

Unread 06-13-2001, 07:55 PM
Pre-op Today-Feeling better

Hello Sisters,

Had my pre-op visit at the hospital today. Talked to the nurse first, she had just recently had the same procedure, she said she is really glad that she did it. I opted to be put to sleep. I am having a TVH no ovaries to be removed on 6/18.
The nurse informed me that I would have relaxation meds as soon as the I.V. was started, the procedure would take about 2 hours, upon waking I would be promptly asked about my pain level, it would be taken care of immediately. I will have a PCA. I was told by my dr. that I would have a one day castle stay, the nurse said that if I felt I needed an extra day that it wouldn't be a problem. That made me feel better.The only thing that I forgot to ask was about the shaving. I guess that if it wasn't mentioned that if it has to be done it will be done when I am asleep, I will let you know. House sparkles, Husband has been terrific as far as my up and down moods go. kids are out of school Friday they are happy, I guess LIFE IS GOOD. I will be busy until the 18th with family functions, getting everything ready, etc. I will be back on as soon as I can to give my castle story, can not say enough about the help that all of you have been with your stories. Sometimes I can't wait to log on to read updated, couldn't have gotten through without the support that each and everyone of you has given me. I will keep reading every day until my castle date. Thank God you are there.

Love and thanks
Betts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2001, 08:07 PM

Hi Betts:

I am still in the decision making process as to whether to have a hyst. or not, and wondered why you are having yours. I would be in line for a vaginal hyst., leaving ovaries in as well, with a one day hospital stay.
Unread 06-13-2001, 09:53 PM

Hi Betts!

We share the same castle date! My preop is Friday. I have many last-minute questions and looking forward to talking with the doc and nurse. I agree that this site has been a God send! Even thought I may not post every day, I usually read the messages and sure learn alot. Wishing you an uneventful surgery and easy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2001, 10:45 PM

Hi Betts,

We share the same surgery date, and in the same state . I will be at the Lahey in Burlington. Where is your castle located? You sound prepared. I am just dragging my feet on getting things down around the house(this is nothing new ) I figure what gets done will be done. Well take care and see you on the other side.
Unread 06-14-2001, 05:58 AM
Pre-op Today Feeling better

Hi JackieMa

I am having my surgery at The Brigham & Womens Hospital on Monday, I will keep you in my thoughts. I really wasn't prepared I was actually Freaking out a few days ago. But, I just decided to hire a cleaning company to do my house(large house 5000sq) so I was overwhelmed, let me know how you make out on your pre-op. It's kind of nice having a sister that will be going through the same thing at the same time weird huh. Write back, let me know whats going on.

Thinking of you,

Betts
Unread 06-14-2001, 07:47 AM

Hi Betts,

I had my preop last friday and everything was a go :-). I am just hoping I make it to Monday(G)..... My left ovary is giving me such fits since aunt flow has decided to visit me once again. Second time in less then a month. But with Drugs I will prevail(G).... There are a bunch of us having surgery on the 18th. So after sugery there will be lots of us asking tons of questions to the experienced princesses. Good idea on the cleaning company :-) I figure I got the weekend to get things done(G).... I have always waited to the last minute to do things. I work best under preasure(G).......Take care and ttys

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register