silly question...will i bleed afterwards? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

silly question...will i bleed afterwards? silly question...will i bleed afterwards?

Unread 12-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Re: silly question...will i bleed afterwards?

I had a TAH 3 yrs ago. I had horrible bleeding pre op from endo but after the surgery I had absolutely no bleeding at all. I brought pads to be safe but did not need them. I think they are still around here somewhere (I have teens who may need them LOL I don't :-)

Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2010, 11:18 PM

Boy, everyone really is different! I wore pads for two days, then a liner for a couple more, and when I realized nothing was there, I stopped wearing those too.
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:17 AM

After my ablation I needed only pantyliners. After my hyster, I went through about a package of heavy duties. Half of them went in my undies, the other half, believe it or not, covered my incision site. They added extra padding to my tender belly! I would get a pack of the heavies, just in case, and if you end up not needing them, gift em to someone that may!
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:34 AM

You just reminded me

I used pads when I had my breast reduction. I had a total opening up of the wound (yes as painful as it sounds:-( and had to use them as guaze That is how much my breast was "weeping".

Sad

Angela
Unread 12-30-2010, 03:25 AM

I had a kind of bloody/mucosy discharge for about 2 days and that has been it. And it wasnt even enough for a pad or even a liner. I thought that everyone bled and I was prepared for that and was very surprised that I didnt need a pad.
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:51 PM

I had a robotic total hyster. I found a tiny thread (from the stitches) and a very, very small blood clot on the toilet paper on Day #2...after that, absolutely nothing. In fact, I didn't wear panties (anything around my incisions/waist was uncomfortable) for several weeks. Commando!
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:15 AM

I found that the discharge was thin and wore a pad for a good 7 weeks. I noticed some pink discharge this morning and I'm 8 weeks post-op so yes, start with a moderate thick pad and then eventually a simple liner will work.
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:22 AM

I had my LAVH Dec 13th. I have only had to use pantyliners, very little bleeding, but everyone is different. Some women even have an increase in bleeding after a few weeks. I am hanging onto my bigger pads until my last appt, just in case. I'd buy a small package and be prepared.
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:24 PM

I've had some bleeding and some brown discharge just from healing. Ironically, most of it only comes when I go to the bathroom. So, I've been wearing pads but so far haven't actually needed them due to timing. I'd say stock up just in case and if you don't need them, you can always donate them to a women's shelter!
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:32 PM

I've had no vag bleeding at all except for a few drops when I was at the castle. But I'm going thru a lot of pantyliners because I am using them on my incision. In fact, I've had more bleeding and discharge from the incision than anywhere else.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register