Should I postpone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I postpone? Should I postpone?

Unread 06-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Should I postpone?

There might be a silver lining on my having a broken foot.I have been on 3 doses of 400mgs. of ibuprofen and when my period came there wasn't any pain.Could this be a cure or a fluke?I'm due for TAH/BSO in 3 weeks. Percocet didn't help, maybe it was b/c I was on it before my period started. I should hear from my Dr. on Monday about this. Thanks guys. Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Should I postpone?

((((((Tea42)))))))),

We can't tell you to postpone any more then we can tell you to have a hyst hon.

All the decisions made about your surgery must be made by you and your Dr.

If it turns out you won't be having a hyst, that is great too !!!

Good luck,

Pamcat
Unread 06-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Should I postpone?

It's great that you aren't in pain! Just know that that a lot of ladies put it off for years even when there was a true need for it. They may be just buying time. Please discuss this thoroughly with your GYN and ask what would happen if you postpone for a couple years? Some times it might be easier to get it over with.

Let us know!

TC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Yahoo for No Pain!

You know, using the ibuprophen has been a wonderful little trick that my regular NP taught me. If I take four 200mg tablets three to four times per day prior to my period starting, it not only stops the pain, but slows down the time for it to come! I also have to take them regularly, every three to four hours during the period, since the cramping doesn't stop all the way through. If I stay right on top of it, I barely have had any pain at all! Apparently, it stops those nasty prostoglandins (sp?) from making the squeezing action of the uterus slow down, or not do it so dang hard.

Since I seem to be in more and more pain each day, though, I keep wondering if it will even work by the time the next one rolls around. We'll see, I guess, cuz I should only have to endure one more!!!

So keep it up, if you can! However, I do believe there are cautions about taking it prior to surgery, so check with the just to make sure it's okay.

Hugs!

Lisa
Unread 06-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Should I postpone?

Yeah, it could be a cure or a fluke.

I say surgery is irrevocable. Be sure before you have it. When in doubt, don't. Then see what happens.
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Should I postpone?

Please check with your Dr. if you are having questions or doubts.

I took Ibuprofen for many years, in large doses, during my periods. It did help, but it also became uncomfortable to take because it was eating away at my stomach. And do be careful, because you should stop taking Ibuprofen and aspirin products in the 2 weeks prior to surgery- it thins the blood. Tylenol products are usually okay before surgery, but again check with your Dr. to be sure!

Best Wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register