I feel better about upcoming surgery!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel better about upcoming surgery!!! I feel better about upcoming surgery!!!

Unread 02-10-2005, 11:05 AM
I feel better about upcoming surgery!!!

Well, like many of the pre-op ladies, I was a nervous wreck, had a million questions, and thoughts of the horrible things that could happen, and plagued w/ the thought of making a decision about keeping ovaries or not, and so on.

I went to see my regular Dr. yesterday, mostly for help sleeping, but also to visit w/ her about my concerns.

She made me feel sooo much better, took time to explain her opinions and why, eased my mind about pain meds, and naseua, and migranes, and stress - the works.

She also assured me that the Dr. I am having do the surgery is the best in our area, and said if she was having surgery done, she would have him do it. She said he will be very very thorough, and he has done a ton of these surgeries, and she is very confident in his ability to do this and do it right!!!!

She told me that the anxiety about the surgery was totally normal, and it should get better as my surgery date nears, she said most people have all this anxiety, and then all of the sudden they become calm and overwhelmingly ready to get it overwith.

I left that office feeling sooo much better, like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, and I am totally confident I have made the right choice, and I now know what I want to do w/ my ovaries - THEY ARE STAYING - if at all possible.

Of course I am still nervous, and still have concerns, but not nearly like I was yesterday morning!!!

I got some over the counter melatonin to help me sleep, and I am on my way, ready to face the world, and this surgery, and ready to be the new woman that I know is hiding somewhere under all the pain and bleeding!!!

I encourage all of you ladies in waiting to talk to a medical professional that you trust, it really helped me feel much better.

Thanks to all of the ladies on this website, it is an amazing tool to help us through a difficult and confusing time in our lives. I am so glad I have this resource to express my concerns and victories, and just to know that there are others out there going through the same thing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2005, 11:55 AM

Hi RochelleL,

Good for you! I'm so glad you talked to your doctor about your concerns and that it made you feel better.

I remember the last appt. I had with my doctor before my surgery. I felt as if the stars were shining down on me after talking to her.

I'm 5 weeks post-op, and feel terrific. I'm excited about not bleeding anymore as it was ruling my life!
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:43 PM

"She told me that the anxiety about the surgery was totally normal, and it should get better as my surgery date nears, she said most people have all this anxiety, and then all of the sudden they become calm and overwhelmingly ready to get it overwith."

...so true

good luck with your surgery,

---QB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2005, 01:51 PM

So glad to know you're doing better! You just gave me, as well as all of us "pre-opers" A LOT of hope, thank you. "She also assured me that the Dr. I am having do the surgery is the best in our area, and said if she was having surgery done, she would have him do it" I was told that just yesterday. Whewww!

Best with the Melatonin, and so glad to see the positive attitude! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register