Did your phobias change? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did your phobias change? Did your phobias change?

Unread 06-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Did your phobias change?

This may sound like an odd question but...

Before the surgery I had this horrible fear of spiders. I'm talking about not even being able to look at a picture of one let alone kill one. It was so bad that in my house we didn't call them spiders. If I yelled "GEORGE" my dh and ds's knew it was time to grab a shoe.

So it's been almost 7 wks. since surgery and I have had maybe 3 or 4 good size 'georges' in my house which...I have smooshed myself! I don't have a clue where this new found bravery came from, but I could live with it.

Anyone else find a change in yourself like this, or am I the odd ball in the bunch?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Did your phobias change?

i found that after the surgery, with all that i'd been through, i replaced my uterus with a set of balls! (sorry to be so crude) i have stood up more for myself and how i feel than i ever have. i still don't like spiders though.
Unread 06-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Did your phobias change?

Since my surgery, I've lost my fears of many things. Things that were often huge & overwhelming to me just don't seem too big or too important, anymore. Like the tide as it rolls in and out, I just seem to flow in & out of events and situations in my life without much fanfare or anxiety. I really don't sweat the small stuff, anymore. After all, I survived cancer and I know now just how strong I can be when the need arises. I'm up to it....I'll make it. So, not a whole lot gets me rattled anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Did your phobias change?

I feel the same way. I'm much more apt now to stand and make my claim as to where before I just let everyone else have their way. I'm not rude about it, but, well, just not the same.

Showmegal...I'm think you're very strong having survived cancer. I hate cancer with a passion as it's made it's claim on a few of my loved ones. I don't think anything could rattle you now! :-)

vickiknisley~I don't think you're being crude. I feel the same way. *L*
Unread 06-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Did your phobias change?

I sure wish it woulda cured me of my fear of spiders, I hate the lil 8 legged suckers lol
I had alotta nightmares first few weeks of recovery, worst one was my first night home , I dreamed I had went thru to the bathroom thats in my bedroom and got ambushed by spiders and one of them was alot bigger than me, (one of them nightmares ya try to wake up from and can't) I dreamed it attacked me and made me fall and I just started bleeding to death, was like my 2 biggest fears came together in one dream.

Vicki I'm like you, I think I got the same replacements LoL, I'm on guard and ready to attach anyone who wets my cheerios LMAO
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Did your phobias change?

i dreamed some awful dreams too but mine were about snakes. i hate them things....my daughter says i'm a new woman....more tolerane of some things and less tolerant of other things. i am beginning to like the new me.! you guys, we all gotta just hang in there. just think, by christmas we'll all feel like new women!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register