my kids live out of state from me and other ?'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my kids live out of state from me and other ?'s my kids live out of state from me and other ?'s

Unread 03-26-2009, 04:09 AM
my kids live out of state from me and other ?'s

Hi girls i have a good question for all of you and i really need help with this one!!!!

my ds who is 9 and my twin dd's are 6 and they live in boston ma and i live in florida so that is 1200 miles from me and i see them for summers and school breaks and i have no earthly idea as to how to explain to them about my hyster they will be here in late june and at that point i should be good and well on my way to making a full recovery as far as my hyster goes but i still want to explain to them about why mommy has to have this done and all that jazz please give me some idea's please as this is very important to me thank you for all of your advice in the past it has ment an awful lot to me and my dh, and the rest of my family, before i post this i have a really good question for all of you!!! um ok most of us are "super women " and we all have to hang up the cape for a while but my question is this how on earth am i gonna leave my house to dh and df and my in-laws now my dmil i trust with every fiber of my being but im leaving it mostly up to my dh and df and i dunno how to make sure that they take care of the house like i would help i feel like my house is gonna fall apart around me dh does not really know how to clean and df knows how to cook and clean like i do but then agian they are men hello i really need help please thank you everyone sorry for the long post LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Re: my kids live out of state from me and other ?'s

Good morning cuddlebug. My situation is simular in that my children live in Ohio & I'm in Louisiana. The difference is they're older, my daughter is 28, son is 23. I was just honest with them telling them what was going to happen. I also used humor, telling them that everything was falling out (prolapsed uterus & bladder) Your kids will be fine it's probably good they won't be around when your in the thick of your recovery. I am also worried about my house, cooking, laundry I take care of all that I guess we're going to surrender & let other people take care of things so we can recover. It

won't be done like we would do it but it will be fine.Best wishes & peace
Unread 03-26-2009, 06:03 AM

i'm so freakin out because when i met my dh, i swear to god this place looked like a bomb went off in it and it took me 4 hrs everyday for 2 weeks to put our tiny 1 bedroom apt back together oy! i would hate to go through that nightmare agian please tell me that there is something i can do to prevent a nightmare of my apartment falling apart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2009, 06:25 AM

Hopefully your husband will step up & TRY to keep things up while you recover. It won't be how you would do it, but just try to explain to him you don't need the extra stress of worrying about it. I'll can tell you I've been doing something everyday,things I think will bug me when I'm laying around. I had my carpets cleaned,cleaning out drawers,closets anything I can think of. I'm getting my nest ready. We CAN"T worry about toilets, dust or if the floors need swept! This is our time to take care of ourselfs!

Laura pre-op 03/30/09 surgery 04/07/09
Unread 03-26-2009, 06:46 AM

((( Chrissy ))),
There's a great article called Telling Children About Hysterectomy:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/article_309477.htm
Maybe it can help you with your children.

I was concerned about how my house would fare during my recovery too. I learned that the world went on, even if it wasn't perfect. My DH would usually do a chore if I made a point to ask him. I told him that if I needed to, I would hire a cleaner - that got his attention

Best wishes.

Unread 03-26-2009, 09:03 AM

yeah well i don't think a cleaning lady is in the budget for us so i think what im gonna have to do is tell him that i will have his mom "help" and i really don't think my DH wants his mother over here every day to watch over him to make sure he is doing everything that he suppose to do am i right or wrong or for that my mother LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register