Had my pre op apt yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my pre op apt yesterday Had my pre op apt yesterday

Unread 07-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Had my pre op apt yesterday

Oh boy! I do not really like my dr but he a good dr and has a very good reputation as a surgeon so I am sticking with him. My bp was through the roof when the nurse took it! I was scared, nervous, and uneasy because I don't like this dr! I blew it off that my bp is never that high and chalked it up to nerves and my car acting up on my drive in to the dr office.

Dr finally comes in and says gee I forgot about you....ah thanks doc. I explained why it took me so long to get back with him my decision what what I wanted to do and he was ok with it. We went over everything and he looked at my belly/bikini area to see where he would go in. Since I have had a pregnancy and weight loss surgery I have a serious skin flap that hangs down and would cause a bikini cut not to heal properly and get in fected, so I have to have a vertical incision. Can't say I am happy about that but I understand why it needs to be done. Oh well.

On a good note he said I don't have to do any prep prior to surgery besides no food after midnight.

He said he would leave the overies but inspect them to make sure they are ok. I asked about them dying quicker from being jostled around and lack of blood flow. He said that is very rare and they should last my age (I am 41). That was good to hear.

We got everything taken care of and he was very nice to me. Then it was off to the hospital, first a stop at the nurses station to go over pain ratings, what would be done, visiting hrs, and we went over all my paperwork again. She gave me my lab orders and a cup, plastic bag, and a paper bag for a urine sample to bring the day of surgery. She said repeatly make sure the lid in on correctly and tight - if it spills you flunk and get sent home.

I had to have blood drawn for typing and an EKG. That was it. So now I sit and wait for the 6th to roll around to finally get this done and over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Re: Had my pre op apt yesterday

You will feel much better after it is done. My surgery was 3wks ago today. As soon as the surgery was done the back pains and pains that I had were all gone. You will have pain with the incision and moving around but it gets better every day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register