6 months-WOW | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
6 months-WOW

Hi, I havn't been on the board in a while and realized it's because i've pretty much stopped thinking about my surgery. I'm right at 6 months and all of the sudden it feels like my Swelly Belly is gone!!!!!!!! I have not lost weight, but my pants are falling off!!! I'm wearing things that have waistbands and iv'e gone down a size in my pants. I'm going to try on some jeans that havn't fit for a long time as soon as i get home today, because my darn pants won't stay up!! I kept my ovaries, but was still having a lot of hormonal issues. They seem to be pretty much back to normal too! For a little while there I was regretting the whole thing. I'm only 37 and thought maybe I had over reacted. But ALL of my pain (cramps, back, everyting) is gone and i'm feeling really good. So, hang in there. If I get home and those stupid jeans fit i'll be ecstatic. It seems like i've been swollen forever, even before the surgery. So, I think it was a good decicision and if you're having doubts either before or after, I just wanted to share that it does get better. I don't even THINK about periods anymore. And since it's still only 6 months, hopefully things will keep getting better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 11:43 AM
6 months-WOW

YAY for you!!! I love reading stories like yours because it gives me hope that I'll be in the same place, feeling better, within a few months. I AM getting better, a little bit at a time, but it seems like it has been forever.....anyway, I'm so happy for you, and I bet those jeans look fantastic!
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:48 AM
6 months-WOW

Thanks for posting, and glad you are doing so well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 11:53 AM
6 months-WOW

YEAH!!!! Thank you so much for your post!!!! I hope I am there in a few months too!! Like you my uterus was so swollen that I was used to having girth there. I am hoping too that once my belly goes down that I will fit better in my pants. Good for you!!!! And thanks again for sharing!
Unread 03-27-2006, 01:12 PM
6 months-WOW

So good to read your post. I am four months and feel so much better still as each week goes by. I keep being surprised by this. I can't believe how quickly I've got used to life without painful periods, severe pmt, carrying around sanitary protection etc etc... I shall look forward even more to six months plus! Those early recovery weeks seem such a distant past now.
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
6 months-WOW

good for you!yeah! i can't wait to feel like that! bev
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
6 months-WOW

Jazzy66,
I'm half way to where you are!! Three months down and three to go! I'm happy to hear your good news. I hope in three months my pants start falling down!!!
Unread 03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
6 months-WOW

HA! you guys are great!! Hope I can have good news to tell in the future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register