Just found out today I need a hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just found out today I need a hyst Just found out today I need a hyst

Unread 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Just found out today I need a hyst

HI! I am Kimberley , and after year of heavy, awful periods and being on a period for the last 3 months straight. My doctor schedule my hyst today . And I am scared. I don't know what to think , what to do, how it will be, how I will be.

I haven't cried yet , I think I am still in shock. I know I will soon loose it and have that cry I know I need to have.

My surgery is schedule, May 03rd.

Well anyways HI!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Re: Just found out today I need a hyst

I'm new here too. My hyst is scheduled May 19. This is a great sight full of support and information. Start reading all the information in the pre-op section. And go get a pillow pet! The ladies here say it is the perfect size to splint your belly after surgery when you cough, sneeze, etc and they are so cute and it will cheer you up and every one needs one!
I know it is overwhelming right now, but you will find lots of new friends here who will help you get through this.
Best too you and just think...this long, awful period will be your LAST!!
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM

Thank you ! I have one of those pillow pets from my csections , I am excited and scared and in shock. I am amazed how when you tell some ppl you are going to have a hyst they are all WOW and oh no and if you need me and other is like .....so ...it is so amazing !!

Thank you again for your words of encouragement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2011, 08:45 PM

You just found out today and your already scheduled, wow, that must be pretty overwhelming.

Depending on the reason that the doctor says you need it done, you might have more time to think and not have to rush so much. Good luck
Unread 04-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Yes, found out at 10 , was making the down payment on the doctor and was pre register at the hospital and home by 12noon.......I have been on my period for 3 months , they can't get it to stop for long before it comes back.
Unread 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM

hi Kim...know the feeling...just found out myself'pre-cancerous is what I was told...FREAKING out!!!! Too young(50) for this!!!!
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:27 PM

Totally know what you are going through. Been everything from "on" for 3weeks & "off" for 1, to almost non-stop for past 2 months & even have taken birth control pills, and 2 Depro Provera shots w/in 3 weeks (yes I said weeks) apart from each other... and nothing will stop me but for only a few days & it starts back up.
My Hysto is scheduled for May 11th & I have a 10yr old at home. She is a very high stress child, has Irritible Bowel Syndrome & already worried that she can't see me for 2-3 days...
I kept being told to think about my choices... but when she finally said "its time to decide" it became much more real.
I always wanted more kids, but it just never happened & hubby didn't want "help" doing it.
What gets me through it all is knowing how much my daily life will improve after I heal. To be able to leave the house when I want, to not have to cancel plans or tell my daughter no I can't do that with you for a few days.... That is what is helping me DEAL with all of this - the life that I want will be here soon!
Keep your chin up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register