1 wk surprised! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 wk surprised! 1 wk surprised!

Unread 05-02-2005, 10:00 AM
1 wk surprised!

Hi all, I am one week out and surprised at how very much better I feel already. I woke cheering that for the first time in a decade I didn't seem to be having PMS that VERY BAD GIRL! Pain lessening on the abdominal incision, swelling really starting to go down now. I'm limiting my walking to short walks a couple times a day, napping lots, boredeom probably helps recovery happen faster! Less pain than I had with the large fibroids, profuse adenomyosis and starting prolapse that was found. So far so good on Vivelle dot, a few flashes and chills, but heck I've had that for a decade anyway. I'm keeping my prayers going for all the gals dealing with problems and want to report that at least for one woman it seems to be working like a charm-so far. It helps to remember that my life had gotten real bad with the uterine disease, and even though my hysterectomy may not be perfect down the road as it seems now, I wouldn't have had any sucess with other treatments given the pathology. In fact I believe had I not done this my life would have been cut short as I was feeling like I was aging a decade a week and my overall health had started to take a hit. I wish you all many movements, moments and choices made toward your health recovery and send prayer to those suffering still. Love Noom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 10:05 AM
1 wk surprised!

Yeah!
So glad to hear you're doing well and feeling so positive!
I second your prayers for all who suffer from these problems and for the speedy recovery of us all!

I too am feeling younger everyday that this is behind me. Could it be the fountain of youth?

Keep up the good work!!!
Unread 05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
>>>>>>>>>>

hi noom,
you on - in your recovery!!!
m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 02:32 AM
1 wk surprised!

Hi Noom,
Welsome back, I didn't even see you come home. It sounds like things are going great for you. Continued fast recovery!
Lisa
Unread 05-03-2005, 04:41 AM
1 wk surprised!

I hope you continue to recover as smoothly as you're doing now
I hope you feel better soon
Lilymae
Unread 05-03-2005, 08:17 AM
1 wk surprised!

Noom...very glad you are doing well and having a smooth recovery. I also pray and hope for all who are not feeling well that they will soon!

I also feel pretty good one week post-op. I am already quite bored (I live alone) and am trying to relax and drink water and walk as much as possible. I think I overdid it yesterday, though, and suffered somewhat yesterday afternoon, but really, all in all, I feel MUCH better than I did before the surgery. I had no idea how much the large fibroid was wreaking havoc on my life!!! I feel like I have so much more energy than I did before (even with a 7 inch vertical incision) and I am grateful I made the decision to have this surgery!

Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery. Try not to get too bored and enjoy the down time!
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi 1 weekers!

HI Noom and my other 1 wk sisters:
Yup me too, I feel terrific!

I had mini tummy tuck/lipo so I finally got the drains out yesterday--- ahhhhh---what a relief...

Feel like I am going to be a brand new person for the frist time in a long time!

Hard part now is just holding myself back....but I know I have to be good otherwise i'll just set myself back.

I am so happy you are all doing so well and yes, i hope that those who are having probs do feel better.

Best regards,
Carol
Unread 05-03-2005, 03:09 PM
One weeker also

Hi all-I also had my TVH one week go today and generally feel fine. They took my ovaries and everything and am on a Climara patch .1 mgs. I just put a new patch on this morning because yesterday I was having cold flashes/hot flashes and then so much anxiety I couldn't sleep. I thought that maybe since the patch was hitting its week mark, it wasn't working anymore. Since I'm still home from work, I'm going to try to sleep some during the day. Can lack of estrogen cause depression, anxiety and crying spells. I have suffered some with this for the past five years or so, so maybe my hormones have been messed for a while. I can't wait to feel myself again. Thanks everyonje for this site!
Peggy
Unread 05-08-2005, 06:09 AM
1 wk surprised!

Hi All! I have made the 1 week club and doing fine, my Dr. said No HRT for me, I had everything removed, uterus,ovaries,cervex,tubes and lymph nodes, isn't HRT recomended usually. I have had some Hot flashes and Cold flashes but no real mood swings to speak of. I am glad everyone is doing fine and Noon I am Glad you are doing very well and having a Great Recovery!

Firefaery01

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register