Talk to your providers right up until "go time" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) > Hints from Members

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Talk to your providers right up until "go time" Talk to your providers right up until "go time"

Unread 10-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Talk to your providers right up until "go time"

Hi ladies,
I was in pre-op right before surgery when the gynecologist who works for the hospital came in. She asked the usual...name, d.o.b., surgeon name, which procedure I was having done and why. I gave all info, said hysterectomy and added that I was also getting the procedure to prevent urine leaks when sneezing, etc. Turns out despite the fact I had a separate appointment to be evaluated for this and consented, the form never made it down. My surgery was delayed until the surgeon and I signed off on both forms. Could you imagine if I had gone in thinking I had a sling only to learn I didn't? !?! That could have meant a separate surgery! I was getting both at once to prevent that. Talk. Ask questions. Don't go if something doesn't feel right. I am so glad I spoke up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register