25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes 25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes

Unread 10-13-2014, 10:06 PM
25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes

Hi I'm twenty-five days post-op, surgery went great I was in at seven a.m. had a TLH ,out six p.m. no problems Week 3 started having light headness nausea than episode of vomiting and hot flashes called my doctor she wants to wait and see how I do next few days doesn't want to put me on anything and I'm afraid both ovaries removed. The hot flashes are terrible can a sister get some help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Re: Don't know what to do

Sounds horrible. I understand getting your hormones balanced on replacement therapy is difficult. I don't have any info to offer, but you have my moral support.
Unread 10-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Re: Don't know what to do

I dealt with my ovaries trying to restart for about 8 mos. they finally did but I have the distinct privilege of getting to go through menopause twice!! .

I hope all goes well for you and those pesky hormones straighten themselves out without too much fuss.

Btw - brook stone has the fan that slips under your sheet and blows right on you. I use it all the time!! Going through my second bout of meno now so can definitely relate!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2014, 07:23 PM
25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgotone View Post
Hi I'm twenty-five days post-op, surgery went great I was in at seven a.m. had a TLH ,out six p.m. no problems Week 3 started having light headness nausea than episode of vomiting and hot flashes called my doctor she wants to wait and see how I do next few days doesn't want to put me on anything and I'm afraid both ovaries removed. The hot flashes are terrible can a sister get some help.
Thankyou sister I'm going to try evening primrose oil
Unread 10-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Re: 25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes

Thankyou to all my sisters for responding.before the surgery I had mild hot flashes now I can't even handle having clothes on. 52 and burning up.
Unread 11-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Re: 25 days post hysterectomy & BSO: lightheaded, nausea, vomiting and hot flashes

Consider hormone replacement with bio identical hormones. They are made in a compounding pharmacy, just for you. I was on them before my surgery, as I was quite post menopausal. Find a doctor who works with them by looking for compounding pharmacies in your area on the internet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register