O.K. Silly Quest. That I need answered!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

O.K. Silly Quest. That I need answered!! O.K. Silly Quest. That I need answered!!

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
O.K. Silly Quest. That I need answered!!

First of all my Surg. is next Wed. I have alot of support but I don't know how I'll recovery from this surgery. (I guess no one does). But can anyone tell me how I will feel when I come home(3 days in castle). Will I feeel empty b/c everything will be gone. I guess I've decided to do HRT b/c my dr. said it was best with my age and having a TAH.I feel like there's so much to say, but I can't type it out "sorry".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 08:48 PM

I just wanted to say hi. I think we all kind of wonder that, about the empty feeling. I think it is a good question.
Take good care,
Carrie
Unread 03-31-2004, 08:53 PM

No empty feeling here...just thankful to not have the probs I had before the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 09:20 PM

I had my surgery a week ago today, I have absolutely nothing bad to say, I dont feel empty, I still feel like a complete woman. Maybe even more of a woman now than i did before the surgery. The only bad thing is major gas pains that have doubled me over on quite a few occassions. Make sure to purchase something for that. surgery pain is expected and I itch so i know I am healing well. But do exactly as the doctor and all the ladies from hystersister tell you to do or you will regret from what i am told. But I had a LAVH and LSO which I know is a different type of surgery but we still are losing the same thing. Make sure you have plenty of books, magazines, crossword books, gas medicine, and for me popsicles:P......And if you need anyone to talk to to get your mind off of it or to ask questions feel free to yell.......Good luck and speedy recovery.....Rhonda
Unread 03-31-2004, 09:28 PM

When I first got home after 3 days in the hospital, between the swelling and the gas, I actually felt too full most of the time. <g>
As for the emotional rather than the physical, I didn't feel empty and I still don't. I'm 39 and was already not planning to have anymore children. I had a lot of bad stuff growing inside of me and I am glad to be rid of it.
I started HRT right after surgery on the recommendation of my doctor and I'm feeling fine so far. My only problem with it is that it's a patch and I'm having a hard time getting it to stay on. I go in tomorrow to get my staples out and I'm going to ask to switch to a pill instead. If the patch won't stay on now while I'm taking it easy it sure as hades won't stay on after I return to work. <g>

Good luck with your surgery next week!
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:53 PM

Nope, I don't feel empty. Maybe that's because I was so "fluffy" going in! Like someone else mentioned, you actually feel full after the surgery. My TAH/BSO was March 19, and I still don't have my normal appetite back. I think that's great, though, since it looks like I'm losing some weight, slowly but surely.

Best wishes to you and all our other LIW!

Ali
Unread 04-01-2004, 12:34 AM

sorry to be the outsider but i did feel empty... a little bit physically and emotionally... the nurse in post op sensed this and put me in a belly band and it kinda helped the sensation, it didnt last long though, the mental part was just passing thoughts that still creep around when im having a down day, i just stick them in the back of my mind and have cried a few times, i went and got my hair done and bought me a few outfits that fit and it helped a little.... i believe it will pass...
Unread 04-01-2004, 04:34 AM

Hi Angel0001,

I am also having surgery next Wednesday. Just wanted to say hello.

Isn't there so much floating around in your head???? I know there is for me. We'll get through this, that I know.

Take care and good luck to you,
Erica
Unread 04-01-2004, 06:59 AM

Twistedsister...........I'm sorry you've been feeling empty and a little down part of the time. That doesn't make you an outsider.......we're all individuals with our own individual feelings.
I went through lots of down and out feelings during the weeks after I found out I needed surgery while waiting for my big day to arrive. Maybe I got most of it out of my system then, so it's not bothering me much now.
I was pretty bummed out yesterday over having so much trouble getting my HRT patch to stay on. I have a lovely piece of duct tape over it right now. <bg>

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 04-01-2004, 09:22 AM

I had the same thought before my surgery. I even mentioned to my hubby afterwards that I thought I would "feel" that something wasn't missing but I didn't. Other than all the problems being gone (and some swelly belly) there really isn't a different feeling.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register