Joyneau AKA Peanut or Joyce is HOME!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Joyneau AKA Peanut or Joyce is HOME!! Joyneau AKA Peanut or Joyce is HOME!!

Unread 10-03-2001, 01:41 PM
Joyneau AKA Peanut or Joyce is HOME!!

Just thought I'd let ya'll know that Peanut's son "Cashew" posted on the Post Op board that she is home and doing well!!

Giving God the Glory!
Renae Tolbert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2001, 04:37 PM

Thank you Ranae! I am home, but not doing well!
Pain isa wful , diarreah is bad,a nd stitches onposterior repair broke open at the first sign if diarreah. If I don't puke again, I will count my blessings.
Dr said he is sure it is adenmyosis,,..but wont' confirm till pathology is back. My uterus weighed 6.7lbs...with no fbroids, supposed to weigh
6-8 oz/ He said he almsot had to convert to TAH. But he said I did well, only lost about 2 oz of blood. Sure doesnt' feel like it!
Gotta go but thank you everyone fro eveerything!!!
Hope my Dh didn't drive you too crazy!! He can be quite the humorist to say the least!
Love to all. This princess is going back to bed!
Peanut
Unread 10-03-2001, 05:02 PM
so sorry!!

Oh Joyce, I am so sorry that you are having those problems!!
Wow... what's the Diarreah from? Too much anti-constipation med, prunes? Most have the opposite. I was just normal as long as I drank my one 8 ounce of prune juice or 4 prunes every night.

Golly girl ... I know it's tough right now, but in a few days, this will all be behind you. You've come through a lot. Just keep looking ahead.

I don't know what to say, so I'll pray!

I went back to work today. : it was great to be back! I had gotten so used to being home, I was starting to dread going back, until I got there and remembered how much I love my job.
I work for Chuck Swindoll at Insight for Living, I'm the receptionist. It's an awesome job, no stress, just lots of loving people. (after being a waitress 27 years, I can brag about landing this job!!)
Anyway, tomorrow is my 6th week mark... you'll be there before you know it and will be feeling wonderful! I promise.

Take care my friend and allow the Lord to heal you and bless you through your wonderful family.
(and your hyster family!)

:eagle:

Love,
Renae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2001, 05:26 PM

Peanut, I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. You have been such a friend and an inspiration to me during my first few weeks here on the board. I can't wait to hear from you again on a regular basis. But please get your rest and take care of yourself first.

Your husband is great! It was so good to read his posts, he made me laugh not an easy feet to do these past few days.

Right now I'm sitting in my living room. I've moved my comfy chair and ottoman across the room next to the computer, which is stored in a closet which we lovingly call the office, lol. Got my diet ginerale, saltines, clickers, glasses and heating pad. I'm inheaven. theonly problem theottoman is infront of the door so my husband cant get in. hahahah oh well.

Anyway, get your rest and we'll talk soon.
Unread 10-03-2001, 06:04 PM

No~The runs are from the morphine! I had a really bad time with it. I kept telling them, I want something else, it is makingme sick,....but the nigth nurses wouldn't listen! The morning nurse came in adn said My golly-what happened to you? I told her and she went over to the pump and turned it off! From then Ion I recieved toredol and was geeting better. But dr said it would take a few dasy to clear my system. It does!
The other problems, were minor but really annoying! Like feeling faint upon standiing or puking upon sitting. Or losing my breathing from morphine!
The rest of the nurses were owncerful! Angels all of them!
And the dr too! HE was upset cuz he wasnt called on the morphine issue!
Smitty-my dear friend---glad you are home...I would post in your space , but I am afraid I haven't the energy to do much! I love you and hope all is well!
Could sombldy tell her p[lease?
Going back to bed. Still pretty awful! If they offer you morphine, or something else, unless you had it before, I would suggest something else!
Love to all
Peanut
Unread 10-03-2001, 06:53 PM

{{{Peanut}}} I'm so sorry you had such a hard time with the morphine I had a PCA with a combination of morphine and demoral and didn't do bad on it. We're all different. That's why the nursing staff is usually so intent in monitoring us during that first night.

I hope your drinking plenty of fluids to conteract the dehydration that is often part and parcel of the diarrhea. Sending cyberhugs your way.

Regarding the perineal stitches, I found that using a peri-bottle filled with warm water really helped relieve the pain. If you're like me, it should start wearing up pretty soon.

all you can. Sending lots of 's your way.
Unread 10-03-2001, 07:15 PM

Welcome home peatnut and I appreciate the last minute news about pain control and the scoots.
Keep resting and writing and of course ! You're still in my prayers for continued recovery.

Hey Renae:

Listen to Chuck Swindoll all the time here in PGH, PA!! WHat a neat job! Where praying could be the norm!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register