Bladder issues - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder issues Bladder issues

Unread 11-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Re: Bladder issues

I also have bladder issues. I had a small tear during surgery that required a couple of stitches and need for the catheter for a week. But once it was out I still couldn't completely empty and so now I'm having to straight cath 3 times a day. I understand your feeling down. I'm hoping it will resolve once the swelling and bruising resolves, but at this point 3.5 weeks out I'm a little discouraged. I hope your "shy" bladder resolves quicker!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2013, 11:45 PM

I ended up back at hospital yesterday afternoon for a quick check up as I woke feeling like I needed to pee, and with catheter in i shouldn't feel this. I had urethra pain aswell. All looked good according nurses and they put me on some ural . It has helped a little, so maybe try the ural aswell as talking to your doc. I can't wait for this catheter to come out.
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:49 PM

you poor thing, I couldnt stand that catheter at the hosp. I dont know how you can deal with it......... I hope this catheter nightmare is over for you soon!
Unread 11-11-2013, 04:47 AM

It got to me tonight, it's sore and annoying. I know it's to help my bladder heal , but it's driving me nuts.
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:18 AM

I went home with a catheter as well because I needed a few stitches in my bladder. I know how painful and annoying they are. I couldn't even sit up. My husband went to the drug store and bought me one of those inflatable rings (doughnuts). It helped so much with sitting with the catheter in. Wishing you all the best in recovery!!
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:07 AM

I was really disappointed to go home with a catheter too, but now I realize it helped me sleep that first night, etc. I was instructed to remove it the next morning and while my bladder was sluggish the first day, I think we're back to almost normal now. I still can't feel if my bladder is full, but based on other comments here, I'm not going to worry about that yet.
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:05 PM

thanks for your inout girls. Im having a good morning, got out of bed by myself for the first time, day 8, and im 99% certain i wont be coming home again with the catheter, everything feels so much better, and the pain is easing. will let you all know how i go in the morning cheers
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:55 PM

Good news, cath came out this morning and I have been peeing freely all day. I still have some bladder tenderness and pain , but all is well. Such a relief. Xo
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:47 AM

Yay - glad to hear that!
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Thank you. It's such a relief. Very grateful indeed. Xo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register