Bloated after eating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bloated after eating Bloated after eating

Unread 04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Bloated after eating

Hi All - I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Still in elastic waist skirts as regular pants are uncomfortable. Is anyone experiencing bloating and fullness after eating just small amounts of food? Does this eventually go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Bloated after eating

I am 6 weeks and having the same experience. Sometimes I even end up skipping a meal because I still feel full. I figure I just follow my body, and if I don't want to eat I"m not going to push it and just eat good when I am hungry.
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Bloated after eating

I'm entering week five and I experience this too, but only after eating dinner. Experience little if any bloating after breakfast and lunch. I think perhaps it's the normal end-of-the-day bloating that most of us experience coupled with my eating more food at dinner than at the other meals. What was comfortable clothing during the day becomes uncomfortable in the evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Bloated after eating

I am 5 months post-op and frequently feel full and miss meals. For instance today I had a glass of juice for breakfast, a bottle of water over the morning, then a coffee at my sisters mid-afternoon. Reheated some left over pasta for my 5pm meal and am now just drinking water till it's time to go to bed. I still feel much happier in elasticated waist garments and get changed out of my jeans the minute I get home from work.
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Bloated after eating

I too have the same experience. I am almost seven weeks out and find after my evening meal I am bloated and have to change into a nightgown. I even gave in and had my husband buy some larger underpants that I could wear at night because I was so uncomfortable and still have discharge. I find I feel much better with small meals and lots of water.
Unread 04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Bloated after eating

Bloating sometimes can last a few months, I know in my case I freaked when I gained 10 lbs in two weeks.... Doctor put me on a water pill and I lost it all in 3 days. I still now and then get bloated at 8 months, the gas pills didnt do anything because it was more water retention, but if I take the water pill in a few days the weight is gone.
Unread 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Bloated after eating

What is a water pill? I freaked because I gained 7 lbs. last week out of the blue and was so swollen my hubby said I looked 4 mos. pregnant. I would love to have something that would help?!
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Bloated after eating

Basically it makes you pee alot to get rid of retained water acts as a Diuretic to get rid of excess fluid. in addition most commonly a water pill is used for people with high blood pressure. I was prescribed Aldactone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register