Scheduled dVH/RALH Last period ever! - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last period ever! Last period ever!

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Re: Last period ever!

Ditto, Kismet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:44 PM

I too will be having surgery this Tuesday (4-17-12). I feel the same way. I thought since I had a lot of plans this weekend I wouldn't worry about it.. Haha so much for that idea...all I thought about was Tuesday..didn't enjoy either one of the parties.... Got to go see my doctor in the morning can't wait to ask him some questions.... Omg I needs nerve pill.... Lol on the other hand so glad I won't be having a period along with the pains ever. After Tuesday....
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:19 PM

The Ambien I am taking at night to sleep is making me amazingly calm during the day too! I will probably start flipping out Tuesday night (surgery Wed). lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2012, 06:38 PM

Did you guys ask for Ambien, etc, or was it offered? I have never asked for anything and am not really in to pain/nerve pills normally, but I sure could use some now. My surgeon/gyno are not generous with that stuff; after my laparoscopy and partial oopherectomy, they just told me to take Tylenol.
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM

I take a very low dose of Xanax . It works wonders for me. This morning felt like my heart was coming out of my chest with my nerves and I took .25 and fell asleep. Now I feel ok but there's an edge.... Hopefully I can look back and laugh at my nerves but I am not laughing now .... Today I went to the little beach cause I had to make sure there was a bathroom close - no more of that in the upcoming summer! Now that's a good thing. I feel ya Cindy and gm gal. I was reading all the after posts today most are doing great lets make three more greats
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:46 PM

Sara I asked for something thus time. I had a ufe 6 months ago and my nerves were all over the place. I don't normally take anything except e Cedric for cramps but after knowing how uptight I get I asked my family doc who's known me forever. Thank goodness i did. I work tomorrow and then I feel like a sitting duck. Even thought of backing out saying I can put up with it but then the beach situation confirmed it again and how I want to be free of this.
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:53 PM

O I hope its going to be another great I am going to really try to do everything the doc saids to do or not do. Here lately my husband has been on a fishing spree. Fishing everyday til like 2-3 in the morning... We have 2 kids(9 & 10) and I'm kinda worring about how much I will be getting from him... Like cooking cleaning and getting them off to school and other things.... On top of worrying about the surgery.... I am having the lsh surgery so I don't know how much I will be limited to.. And my hubby can't even hear a alarm clock so I kinda think it's gonna be on me to get them up and off....
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Tylenol doesn't do squat for pain.
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM

Gal. Percocet for pain but I read many didn't need much hopefully we will be the same.
Cindy my husband isn't to good for the before nerves either but the after he shines through. We have to let go of our perfection ness that comes with being a mom and hopefully they will step up.
Unread 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM

I can't imagine having abdominal surgery and not needing pain meds after. I asked for Dilaudid to be administered to me upon waking. I hear it is stronger than Morphine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register