Wow I must be going CRAZY!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow I must be going CRAZY!!!! Wow I must be going CRAZY!!!!

Unread 02-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Wow I must be going CRAZY!!!!

I feel like a CRAZY lady. I am sure that this is probably normal, as I watch my estrogen storage wave bye bye .
I am not usually out of control emotionally, and can usually calm myself down in a few minutes. Someone has removed my barrier that allowed most stuff to just roll off my back. Oh Joy! The madder I get inside the hotter the Hot Flash gets. Then the anxiety attack kicks in.
I should not be thinking that chopping people into small pieces sounds like a great new hobby. I would never act on it. I promise all my Sisters that! That is just a terrible irrational way to feel and I made a Dr appt to discuss this.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? DH and DS are great! It is people at work, and the person that almost hit my car while swinging out to make a U turn at a light. Or how about the older guy that decided he was going to get in my lane. Guess he didn't feel he needed to wait to get past me. I honked so I didn't get hit. He flipped me off

Sorry for the vent I just don't like feeling so angry at dumb things. I almost wish I would of just suffered through my pain with the pain meds that made me just not care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 07:09 AM

I suddenly felt insane last week. I totally understood why people cut themselves, commit suicide, or hurt their children! I wasn't to the point where I would actually go through with anything, but I did tell hubby so he would know what was up in case I took a further turn and lost my last shred of sanity.

I don't normally put a lot of faith in herbal remedies, but it was Saturday of the Holiday weekend so I went to the store and bought some St. John's Wort out of desperation. Shockingly, it worked! I've taken it a couple of times since then, but I think it interrupted what every was firing in my brain and I haven't continued to need it. I was feeling better within 30 minutes and the best after about an hour. It didn't totally take the crazy feelings away, but it brought them down to normal.

Seriously, I used to think all the herbal stuff was a total crock, but last year I tried Evening Primrose Oil for PMS and it worked really well. I've tried a few other things that haven't panned out, but I think if they address the specific issue you have, there is potential for them to help. For a few bucks, it is worth it to me to try.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:38 AM

I don't think you are going nuts at all- unless we are going together! The one exception is that I do most of the time want to hurt my DH very badly too, along with all the other people in the world. Since having the surgery I have become a horrible monster. I've also learned a few things that I NEVER knew before the surgery.
A. My DH talks SO MUCH. He only shuts up when he's sleeping. And then he snores, so it's like he's still talking when he sleeps!
B. My co-workers are a bunch of idiots and I think they might all be aliens.
C. Sleeping is way over rated. 3 good hours of sleep every night is Heaven.
D. I think the people that drive on the same road as me have been put there by Satan himself.
E. No matter how much someone says "I understand", they really don't unless they've been through this themselves.
F. This site is a Godsend. It is the only thing that keeps me happy most days.
I hope all this stuff helps, you are NOT in this alone! Try to have a great weekend, I'll be thinking of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 08:31 AM

Okay, I'm going to try the St. Johns Wort and see what happens! I'm very greatful for this site as well. It's nice to know that there are people going through the same thing. I have been taking soy suppliments in hopes that it would help, it seems to have calmed my mood swings and hot flashes but I still get them.

Faifylou-I have to laugh at your summary of things you didn't know before the sugery! I can relate to all ...especially the co-workers! I have been saying that my emotions are magnified now and somethings that did not bother me before just get under my skin now!

I am going to sign up for the gym today. My hope is the exercise with get those "happy" juices flowing again. My neighbor is going to join also, having a buddy I'm sure will help keep me at the gym.

Good Luck to all!
Unread 02-23-2008, 09:20 AM

harewood -

Joining the gym is a VERY good idea I am an addict and I can testify how exercise can improve mood and control stress. Once after an injury I had to take a few months off from running. I must have been acting quite "witchy" one day becasue a co-worker leaned over to my desk and said "Do you need to go for a run?" LOL!!!!!

One piece of advice - try to keep it very regular for the first 30-45 days. if you do, your body should respond by forming it's own little mental addiction to the endorphins. Once hooked, it's almost impossible to walk away.

Good Luck,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-23-2008, 08:44 PM

Thank you Sisters.
I truely think that this site it a God send. It is nice to know that others are going through the same things. I am so happy to not be alone, and I pray that we all get through feeling like this.
Thank you Snowy_owl.....I will be getting some St. Johns Wort, and some Melatonin that a client recomended for the insomnia.

faifylou I will be thinking of you also. I totally get your list

Starbgirl....I do feel good when I am out training the dogs which is my excercise.
harewood....Good luck at the gym, and let us know how that goes.

On a good note... I did get through work today with very few of the thoughts I had yesterday . One day at a time Ladies, and one minute by one minute.

Big
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:53 AM

LuvMyABs-

I'll definately keep every one in touch! Love the advise that has been passed around! I already started the St. John Wart ...I'll let you know how that goes! I joined the gym yesterday and will start Tuesday with my neighbor, looking forward to that!

Did you know that we have the same surgery date? I noticed that. We should keep tabs with each other!

Take care and again good luck to all!
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:56 AM

Starbgirl,

Thanks for the advise, I'm going to take it to heart! Can't wait to get started!

Take care!
Unread 02-24-2008, 03:37 PM

harewood.....I did notice we had the same date. That's why I felt a little bit better about feeling the way I did LOL. Feel free to message me anytime to keep updated We can keep eachother going in the right direction

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register