Upcoming hysterectomy 11/17: Thursday is the day. Staying positive. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 11/17: Thursday is the day. Staying positive. Upcoming hysterectomy 11/17: Thursday is the day. Staying positive.

Unread 11-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 11/17: Thursday is the day. Staying positive.

It's almost here. I've waiting for years for this, I truly have. I've had issues since puberty. Had a child at 15 and another at 20. (blessings, as I may have never been able later)

During the summer I had my tubes tied to try to get off of BC and deal with my PCOS more naturally. I had asked for a hystercomy because of all my issues, but at 30, too young, too young, too young.
After my tubal, where he ended up removing a Fallopian tube and lots of scar tissue, he apologized for not listening to me better. He game me a "hysterectomy anytime" card. And a few weeks back i cashed it in.
I'm nervous beyond imagination about what will come after, but I'm trying to stay positive about it.
He gave me the option on my ovaries. He likes to try to keep at least one, as would I. But he says the left one is so scared that he doubts it functions, and the other hurts me so bad. I was going to try to keep it and let him try to clear scar tissue.

I am ovulating today....I think it needs to go. I've been reading other peoples stories and if the ovulation pain stays afterward, the ovary must go.

Now I have an entire new worry. HRT. I've heard both extremes. With PCOS...I'm just so unsure.

How can I be sooooo ready to do this and so scared at the same time? Is it Thursday yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2016, 12:05 PM

Hello there,

My surgery is Thursday also. I am removing everything including my ovarios to prevent possible ovarian cancer. I can totally relate and understand your feelings. I'm 31, have two little boys and a loving husband and so scared of how this will affect me. I can't take any HRT so I will be doing it all natural.

I've found a lot of good info online and Pinterest and will try it all, from flaxseed to natural apple cider vinegar. I'm hoping all of these natural remedies work atleast a bit. Best of luck and hope you will find peace and get through Thursday well.
Unread 11-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Re: Thursday is the day. Staying positive.

That's a lot of my fear. How do you know you can't take HRT? I have PCOS and I'm afraid that will be my issue as well. I am big on natural medicine, so I will probably try to use those as much as i can. It's just the unknown I'm so afraid of.

Good luck to you too on Thursday. Maybe by Friday or Saturday we can compare notes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2016, 01:51 PM

I had breast cancer when I was 25. I have the BRCA gene so that's why it's not advised that I take hormones.

Yes definitely will check in by the end of the week best of luck
Unread 11-14-2016, 10:28 PM

I have my surgery scheduled this Thursday too. Having a vertical incision due to extremely large uterus (looks like I'm 6 months pregnant). I have an active 4 year old and I'm concerned about my recovery.

Good luck girls! See you on the other side of this journey. I plan on taking 7 weeks off work.
Unread 11-15-2016, 12:31 AM

Good luck girls! Mine on Monday. Every few hours raises a new future concern..
Let's think this time next year it will all be over and hopefully life back to its usual self without the uterine dramas!!
Cheers and good luck )) xx
Unread 11-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 11/17: Thursday is the day. Staying positive.

Melinda (that's my name too ) I may have to have a vertical incision, he is hoping for LAVH though. He says "It's a mess in there" Fingers crossed.
I have a 4 year old nephew and I'm concerned about that, so I can't imagine your concerns. Hopefully it's going to be so much easier than we all believe. Right?
I start a new job in four weeks, luckily it's part time and my sister is my boss.
YachtyChick- Exactly! My hubby actually banned me from further research. But I'm not counting this site...

We CAN do this!!! See you on the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register