Last period! Why am I sad? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last period! Why am I sad? Last period! Why am I sad?

Unread 10-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Last period! Why am I sad?

This my sound crazy but i just started my last painful period ever and I cried because I got sad. Has anyone else felt that way? I have always said I wish my monthly would just go away because of how painful it has always been and now that I am getting what I want I am sad. Am I just hormonal? I am completely happy with my decision to have my hysterectomy. Aghhh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 10:23 AM

I haven't started my last one yet should be here sometime next week, you make get another one the week of your surgery so watch out. My surgery is the day before yours and I was worried if I would be bleeding the week of but that would be three weeks so I'm good. I look forward to my TAH/BSO for years I've had problems took me this long to admit I couldn't take it any longer.
Unread 10-20-2005, 10:25 AM

Hi there
I just finished my last period 2 days ago and have the same sort of feelings in a way. Although I celebrated the fact that it will all be over soon I'm left with an odd feeling that I won't be having periods when my daughters start theirs. My oldest is almost 11 and will be starting in the next few years. I'm not sure why it makes me feel sad but it's like we won't be going through it together?! I'm still very happy with my decision to have the hyst and I know the feelings will soon pass once I'm up to snuff again. Just wanted you to know you're not alone!
Leah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Hi, my last one starts on Sunday, well, of course I'll be spotting for a couple of days before that. I'll bleed all week and spot a few days after that, which will take me right to about Nov 1. Then I go for the big H on Nov 9. I will not be sad, in fact I'm happy to be scheduled this way because even though I know I want this I am fearful and having a fresh memory of all that pain and blood will get me through to the operating table (I hope !)
Unread 10-20-2005, 11:51 AM

Maybe it's your hormones or horror moans as I call them.

When I run across a pad or a tampon, I look at it and giggle.

What a relief now that I don't have to use those any more.

You'll be fine.

EGBOK - Everything's gonna be OK.

Good luck with your surgery and get lots of rest.

Hugs,

Nina
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:11 PM

*Hugs to You* I am in the same boat sister. I am overjoyed at the prospect of not having any more aweful periods - but I just started my last period and am feeling odd too. I am having surgery 11/8 and know it is the right thing to do - but when I started this cycle, all I can think about is this is the LAST one....its odd - a little sad, a little giddy. Ah well - this too shall pass. I am chalking it up to horror moans. Hang in there sweetie. Keep the faith!
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:59 PM

My last period is due in about 7 days, my surgery is scheduled for Nov. 14, and as of now, I don't have any sad feelings that it will be the last one, but who knows. I still wanted to take some time out honey, and wish you a speedy recovery. I will keep you in my prayers, take care, and God bless.
Cindy
Unread 10-21-2005, 08:24 AM

Thank you ladies for your thoughts. I am not over my sadness. Hormones do play funny games with us at times. I hope everyone a blessed day!!!
Unread 10-21-2005, 09:09 AM

I too am having those feelings. I also am okay with my decision to have my surgery and will not be upset to be rid of all the pain and agony that has accompanied it over the past 15 years. I am very hormonal? Cried last night lying in bed while my husband slept. For me I think it is the idea of letting go of a part of my life that I will never get back and just moving on to a new part of life. I loved having children and would have had more if not for all the infertility and gyno problems. Hope your surgery goes well and that you find peace before and after with your decision. God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register