Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!? Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!?

Unread 08-15-2001, 09:42 AM
Hello September Sisters!`

Just wanted to say hello to you all. My surgery is scheduled for September 17th, the same day as Cath's.

I too am having surgery to prevent cancer (TVH--keeping ovaries if they are healthy). I have about 4 fibroids, about 4-6 cm each but cancer runs rampant through the women in my family. I have 2 aunts, a grandmother and my mom who have all had "female" cancer. I am 37 and don't wish to have anymore children and have had my tubes tied for 11 years, so fertility is not an issue here at all. I wish all of you luck with your surgeries and hope to hear about your expeirences as I will be posting mine as soon as I am able.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2001, 10:25 AM
Any September sisters? Or is it too early!!!?

Hi Cath,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have something else to contend with, I hope all is well today for you on your thyroid and that the tests are not to exhausting. Just think when you do go to the castle on the 12th it will be old hat .
Take care,
Going
Unread 08-15-2001, 11:48 AM

Hello Hystersisters!

I am scheduled for a TAH on September 6th and I can't wait! I have endometriosis and large fibroids that are causing me great pain in my lower back. After suffering with the same DR for over 20 years who REFUSED to give me a hysterectomy, I finally sought attention from another DR who scheduled a hysterectomy for 8/17. After doing some research on th new DR, I felt very uncomfortable with him....therefore, I changed DR again. Now I am very satisfied with the new DR and look forward to finally getting this over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2001, 01:51 PM

Hey going!! I just checked and now there are 8 of us!! I'm like you-where is everyone?? I/ve had a few bad days-but feel better today-That LAST period is due on Monday-almost can't wait-except for the pain and mess!!!

Dawno1-I wondered what to buy too-Didn't know how I'd feel-hot-cold-so I bought 1 t-shirt type gown-1 t-shirt/short outfit-1 drawstring pant w/t-shirt. The pants seem great!! I got them At Wal-mart for $7.oo. Also treated myself to some new panties-figured-Why Not?? susie
Unread 08-15-2001, 02:28 PM

Hi susiemby,
Well I guess the other people on the Sept. 11th date may be at other parts of the web I sure hope we can find them I sure would like to see how they are doing.Wow were up to 8 surgeries that day we should enjoy seeing how we all do if only we could find them?
As for clothes I all so wasn't sure if I would be hot or cold, and I read on here that in the castle a short nigtie doesn't get hung up so bad so I bought a couple cotton nightshirts for the castle. After I come home I have some loose fitting sundresses or P.J's, just something cute so I can feel human. Do you know what I mean?
Well take care,
Going
Unread 08-15-2001, 03:36 PM

hi everyone. I have a few hours to myself and it is wonderful. I am feeling a little better now that all my thyroid stuff is over. I get the results next weeks. Thanks "going" for your kind words.

Who was the sister that had the idea about the plaid P.J's?????? What a great idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a couple of cheapie mens track pants to wear. But I love the idea of the plaid ones.They would look great with a red, blue or white Tshirt of sweat shirt. I am going to go tomorrow and get me some. You are so smart

Have a great ladies. Welcome to all you newcomers.I am going to check the calender to see how many twins I have

Unread 08-15-2001, 07:10 PM
Sept 6th sisters

Hi Karen and Bonita,
Looks like we will be ending to the castle on the same day. Are you as nervous as I am?
I have been working like crazy to get my job in order before I am out. I simply can't believe I have to be away for 6 weeks.
Mentally I am a wreck also. Glad one day, want to cry the next. I've been fighting the need to have surgery for 1.5 years and nothing worked.
I'm happy I have 2 sisters though!
Unread 08-15-2001, 07:50 PM
TO ALL OF THE SEPT LADIES IN WAITING

I'M ALSO SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY IN SEPT. I WILL ADMIT I'M ONE NERVOUS WRECK, CAN WE PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH, BECAUSE I'M VERY AFRAID OF THIS SURGERY.
THANKS NAOMI31
Unread 08-15-2001, 09:11 PM

Wow! Last time I checked there were 9 LIW for Sept. 12 including myself. Lately little things have started to hit me about the full impact this surgery will have on my body. Instant menopause- don't know if I am ready for that! I am also worried about the fact that I won't know what will have been done till I wake up! My is going to try and do a TAH, but if that is not possible then he will just remove my cervix. I hate not knowing exactly what will be. I have started to clean my house, you know the stuff that never really gets done. Tonight I cleaned out half of my kitchen cupboards and also scrubbed the outside of my refridgerator- it's actually white again! My DH and DS went camping overnight, I wonder if they will notice? I also have been getting a list of questions together for my doctor. Someone else asked about what questions to ask, and I can't for the life of me find the pull down menu for as was suggested. Only 4 weeks to go and 2 more weeks till my pre-op.
FaireKit- I am so happy that the biopsy was good news! Us Pisces need to stick together!
Unread 08-15-2001, 10:10 PM
I have a twin!

I was getting ready to post that I was feeling awful lonely on 9/14. Decided to check the calendar again (as I do eveyday). And hurray! bobydood is also scheduled for the 14th

As time nears, there may be more!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register