OMG!!! I have what? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OMG!!! I have what? OMG!!! I have what?

Unread 06-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Re: OMG!!! I have what?

You know, I think I remember my grandmother talking about buttermilk baths for yeast infections. It's great for your skin too lol. I hate the stuff, though, except in batter and cornbread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2011, 01:15 PM

No I dont think salt intake helps or hurts the thrush the thing is that your tongue is so sore and when you eat a lot of salt when you have thrush it seems to just irritate it even worse.. and depending on where you are in your recovery it can just down right sting if you eat something that has sharp edges like chips or pretzels and then add the salt.. I just know when my mouth is that sore i do what i can to make it better fast..
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:00 PM

My doc said to avoid hot drinks when thrush was first diagnosed. I also don't eat foods that require a lot of chewing or are spicy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2011, 06:09 AM

Simple solution I use....warm water with table salt mixed in!
Unread 06-22-2011, 07:04 PM

For me, the only thing that works is the Nyastatin. Nothing else helps in the least. I have heard of different old things for thrush. It can be a real pesky thing.
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:03 PM

and well the nyastatin works well and fairly quick.. and the taste isnt to bad either. I usually try not to use pharmaceuticals if I dont have to because I take a lot of meds that I really do need but when I get this I just want it gone..(sometimes the recovery time for your tongue though is a few weeks.. uggg )
Unread 06-28-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleta View Post
I can't believe it!! With all the normal stuff I am going through after surgery, pain, swelly belly, gas, and still no BM, I now have THRUSH!!!! My mouth is in terrible shape. I have white spots coating everything, my tongue, the roof of my mouth, and even going down my throat. Food taste nasty and it hurts to eat. Called the dr. this morning and they have just called me back. Guess I'm gonna have to go get some prescription mouthwash and some diflucan. Only me!! I was looking forward to getting back to normal and now this. Has this happened to anyone else? Just so aggravated!!!
OMG someone else that got Thrush ( not that i wish that on anyone) i also had it and burned all the inside of mouth and found out that i am allergic to nystatin. finally after endless reseach i found the magic mouthwash info and told on call dr about it and yes what a miracle this mouthwash is and i think to myself why did i have to suffer so much for someone to listen to me. i am glad your on the mend. we dont need the added stuff when we are trying to recover.. hang in there! hugs
Unread 06-29-2011, 05:44 PM

I got it as well, and it was so nasty, when the diflucan kicked in chunks of white nastyness were peeling off my tounge and cheeks and down my throught. I usually have this when I use antibiotics. I think they gave me some in my IV right before sergery, not sure but I got it anyway. I'm on week two and can now eat without pain or everything tasting wierd. Good luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register